Spartans Home

Weight Management (Ala ACE)

DaiSan

Just interested in peoples views really.

Seeing as we are erring towards the Side missions and using vehicles for movement I was wondering whether we should step up the realism a notch and add weight management so that classes and roles become more important?

Discuss :thumbsup:

But if we already have ACE with that kind of weight management, why do you wanna use or try to implement another kind of it ?

Agreed. ACE adds weight and much much more. One of my favorite toys is the GL cam. Very cool to get a bird's eye view of whats going on around you.

Ok, sorry, didn't realise I had to be clearer.

Most of the time now in ArmA II the majority of the player are on the NORMAL Domination server but playing the Side Missions due to falling numbers. We try to play tactically and I wondered if people thought this may be a good addition.

I know ACE adds this already but it also adds a load of other shite (and Hassles) that I don't want, hence why I, and others play on the NON ACE server.

The weight management part of ACE is my fav bit, I think its a good idea. I really get annoyed that you can carry so much stuff, how do you plan to implement this Dai?

i have to say that one of the things that turns me off to Dom is fact that I can carry a M107, a MK17 RCO EGLM, MAAWS, a Satchel charge, a pistol. The thing that I REALLY dont like is when peeps glitch the system and carry 10000 rounds of ammo though I have not seen this done in a while.

I say try it

True to say, especially for a Public Server, we should keep the server clean from MODs as much as possible, just to be sure whoever want to join for the first time can access the game and enjoy, without having to go and download and install any specific MOD.

We might activate a weight management MOD during TAC possibly, but for the everyday gaming, I guess either disabling backpack and/or playng ACE should have the job done.

I guess playing ACE, you don t really have to engage all of the other modifications, i mean, there are many things there I never really used. Is not stuff you need to use to enjoy the game