Spartans Home

Free Falcon 5

Inimigo~SPARTA~

http://www.freefalcon.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18561

Installer + Patch + Cockpit patch are good for around 1,5 GB

I'll be trying it out, when I find the time. If anyone interested, let's fly together one day.

oh right, it really is free :-)

screenshots here: http://www.freefalcon.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17590

training vids here:

I ve been flying Falcon 4 in the past.

I used the Original one, the Modded one and the retail Allied Force version as well (which came out to be a unification of many Mods you were able to get for free, but u had to "buy" the game this time... weird stuff).

Honestly, there are some Pro and Cons with this Sim, so keep these facts in mind before you start downloading or playing around with it.

PROs:

This has been the "masterpiece" on Avionic simulation to date (till A-10 DCS, probably). This means you have a full working F-16 cockpit, clickable in any direction and a good of 90% of real functions are there to be used.

They enhanced the 3D cockpit graphic with pretty good photo-realistic rendering and is a very nice experience.

Weapons behaviour modelling was pretty good, not excellent.

CONs:

After you have been on any sim from LockOn series, you will not trade off the beautiful and realistic graphic experience you have on LockOn anymore.

Although Falcon focuses on the airplane, the world graphic is not in line with the beautiful graphic of other Sims. They enhanced the graphic on Falcon putting Hi-Res tiles, but still, it doesn t work and is just not appealing anymore, if you come from modern sims.

Flight model on the F-16 is not good. It has been criticised by many hard core simmers, however it was a reasonable trade-off considering the very detailed Avionic simulation.

It is a Sim, very focused on Avionic, which makes a quite steep learning curve. I remember the original manual was a beautiful book about 450 pages AND it got expanded for avery new MOD and expansion was added on the plate. I have no idea how many pages a final manual could be today with all the possible enhancement they provided to this Sim.

Mastering this Sim could be very rewarding on a personal proudness, but it requires time, dedication and many many hours of flight. Plus, it requires a solid Internet Community, dedicated to play together for hi-level professional missions. It has been 3 yrs I didn t touch this Sim and I have no idea today how this community is.

Now A-10 is almost out, is a total new gen Sim and is promising to be a quite solid realistic sim, I think it will take the scepter of this Sim world with all the hard-core simmers.

With all of the above said, think carefully on what you wanna do if you start downloading this program, now you have some expectations.

I fly IL2 still every possible time (I try at least once a week).

graphics aren't that bad, but I'm not used to lock-on graphics either.

obviously you cannot compare the realism in il2 with falcon, though I'm giving it a try

quite some info & training vids available and sofar I'll be trying it out with 3 other (il2-)pilots next monday

if anyone interested, I can try to convince them to join spartan's teamspeak