Spartans Home

More ammo please

Maj3stic~SPARTA~

Could we adjust the game to allow the same number of ammo slots (maws) that we had before the new BA patch. This would help people who are not as uber as everyone else and need an extra round or two.

I am not sure why this was reduce, did I miss a discussion topic on this?

Also:

Could we limited the reduction of items to the Tac Dom servers (personally I think the Tac Dom should be pistols only for you uber bad asses and you should run to every place: but that's just me :bleh: ) and leave the regular Domination servers a bit more open.

None of these guys carried more than one. Hell most of them only had an M4 and 6-8 magazines and a couple frags and smoke.

Arma2 should have limitations. carrying 48 magazines, 5-6 MAAWS and a satchel is freakin' ridiculous. And although I am guilty of this as well. I have really liked it.

My vote is to keep the restrictions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9L8OR5A3Mk

I hope all these guys came home safely.

The number of slots the MAAWs rockets use is nothing to do with Domination its from the 1.54 patch (BIS).

The domination servers only had limited weapons because of the ammobox bug (peoples game would sometimes lock up at the mhq ammo box) reducing the number of weapons in the box reduced the number of crashes people suffered. Following the 1.54 patch that problem has gone. So there should be voluminous amounts of ammo and weapons, however at this time we have not found all of the codes for the british rifles and magazines so there is only a server side box for british weapons, this means that if fred takes a magazine there is one less for joe. The normal domination boxes are client side so the problem doesnt arise.

As soon as all the weapon script names are identified the biitish weapons will be client side.

Not sure what you are referring to when you speak of uber players.

Are there reloads for the NLAW available, I don't see them on the script, if you take the AT slot, you get one launcher and two missiles. But I don't seem to be able to find a reload?

Edited by andrewman~SPARTA~

The Nlaws is a fire and forget so there are no reloads, However I should have put more than 1 in the box. I have added the smaw back which uses 2 slots per rounds, but havent tested it . The c version of the map has 4 of FOBs with ammoboxes placed around the map. If Durka doesnt bring out his latest creation I will add more nlaws and m136s today and re-up it during a lull.

The NLaw id an awesome weapon, I haven't missed yet. I agree that it is fire and forget, as it has it's own targetting system, but it isn't a disposable weapon. From the start the AT soldier gets a launcher and two missiles, you can reload the launcher. Will be patient for the code to be updated - no pressure.