Spartans Home

DC Universe Online. Looks BAD ASS!

MedicSN6

Wow... The trailer is impressive...

Too bad the game has nothing to do with it.

Take a look on Youtube for several videos and presentations and you will see.

Actually, 2 or 3 years ago there was a MMRPG called City of Heroes and then City of Villans as expansion which was the exactly same thing, but the DC Universe.

I don t really know how interesting this thing could be. While MMRPG based on Starwars might have some motivation to be persistent, I don t really see how this one could work.

It looks like youo will have great scenarious and a crazy amount of superheros fighting here and there. Where is the objective?

It almost defeat the concept itself, being Super. If everyone is Super, there is no Super... make a battle sim from The Sims, that would be more interesting then...

Edited by Batwing~SPARTA~

CoH is actually over 6 years old, it pre-dates WoW, and it's still going strong. There's a new expansion coming out next month taht adds a new dimension and allows for heroes and villains to change alignment. That's on top of the (to date) 17 free expansions that have already come out. I know because I still play. :) I like it for the same reasons that I like playing ArmA on the spartan servers, the community is awesome and supportive, very much unlike my experiences with other MMOs. CoH is also very casual player freindly, the hardcore raiding element just doesn't exist. And that's as far off-topic as I'll stray today.

As for the everyone is super arguement, isn't that true for almost every MMO? There are always going to be a huge number of supers, heroes, warlords, wizards, pilots, jedi, saviors of the galaxy, etc running around. We all want to feel special in game. Should the developers limit the game to only 100 players so that they are more special? Or make it so that only 1 in 100 gets to be a hero, everyone else works 9-5 jobs for minimum wage?

Without seeing the actual gameplay of DC-U it's hard to say that it's the same thing. I'm suprised it's PS3 only though, generally the MMO crowd is 95% PC gamers, so I don't know how they plan to market it.

Edited by OrcFace_McStompYou