Spartans Home

ArmA 2 Arrow Head - Your comments here

Batwing~SPARTA~

I joined sparta server for half an hour this morning found a great deal of bugs

1.A lot of the scopes mounted on weapons won't work( even if your acog mounted on the weapon you will only be able to use iron sights).

2.While returning with the ah-64 for rearm the chopper just dissapeard when i landed .

3.Tyler's game kept crashing when he entered the ammo box(battle eye just kept kicking him of game ,only on our server).

Edited by IDAN~SPARTA~

1 - I have not encountered this problem with the scopes I used, but I will look into this.

2 - I will investigate this, I added the AH64, it could be something I did.

3 - I have posted the fix, apparently battleye doesnt install properly for everyone, the link I gave him runs it very quickly and fixes the problem.

1 - I have not encountered this problem with the scopes I used, but I will look into this.

3 - I have posted the fix, apparently battleye doesnt install properly for everyone, the link I gave him runs it very quickly and fixes the problem.

problem with the scope solved there is an optic mode option which enables you to switch between close and mid range sights.

Ordered from Steam on the 29th. Up and running in 2.50 hr download. Patched version. Better fps this time.

Sparce desert landscape, miss the nice greens from Arma2. Pretty decent Euro rock jams, can do without the Arab moaning music

Improved training tutorials. The Tank training very good. Just scratched the surface of this game, So far well worth the $40.00.

See ya online.

Last nite I ve been about 1 hr on our server and I did enjoy the new environment.

Especially I really like the new thermal scopes. I tried a 107 w/thermal and a MK16 as well and it was Very nice and effective.

I tested the new Javelinand I really like that too.

It looks to me enemy units are moving way better within the urban environment. I like it so far :)

NOTE:

Also, now I noticed the new tutorials, related to the OA. Very well done and very clear on how to use systems.

I am liking this add on so farand well, I really paid only 10 bucks for it, ($25 cash back from Bing), so I can t really complain :)

Edited by Batwing

Something to add, I noticed that when I parajump in and land on the side of the hill, I get stuck in my parachute. Easy solution though, just scroll and click on "get out". Its still a glitch I'd like to see fixed.

All addons from arma 2 are working on this version ,got to make sure you copy the userconfig and dta folders cause they don't exsit on this version. make sure that you delete the ace folder from the userconfig. Leave only the gmj hpp file in the dta .if you dont delete does files the game will work but when launching the game you will get all kind off messeges about missing files.@at_gui or @proper addons cause for problem with the chat line which will be visible at the bottom left screen but you won't be able to see all of the chat so it is best not to use them.

This messege refers to those who installed the game separately.

Edited by IDAN~SPARTA~

I have a concern with the STEAM purchase of OA.

If you have a non steam copy of ArmA 2 and a STEAM copy of OA, they are not installed together and you do not benefit from the combined game as it does not offer to let you install the game in the Arma directory. This may cause problems in the future if we create missions that include elements from both games.

In my case I have OA on STEAM and ARMA2 on disk, but I also have a Disk version of OA on the way.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this, is there a solution?

Yesterday I was pulling my hair out because a lot of us were crashing when we tried to enter the Ammobox. I tried a variety of stock and mildly modified maps and the problem happened with them all. Sometimes it happened to players who opened the box for the first time, for others it happened when they opened the box at the MHQ in the AO, but one way or another it happened to everyone, then suddenly it stopped happening. very frustrating and confusing.

We are setting up our public server, it should be ready today, this will benefit from MH6s vehicle access permission software to help reduce the madness of normal public servers.

For 2 nights in a row I have played OA till 0300, reminds me of the old days, oh my aching eyeballs.

I just came from the store (game mania belgium)

The game is delayed until ,9th of July ...

see ya soon lads :poster_oops:

Edited by EBE

I have a concern with the STEAM purchase of OA.

If you have a non steam copy of ArmA 2 and a STEAM copy of OA, they are not installed together and you do not benefit from the combined game as it does not offer to let you install the game in the Arma directory. This may cause problems in the future if we create missions that include elements from both games.

In my case I have OA on STEAM and ARMA2 on disk, but I also have a Disk version of OA on the way.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this, is there a solution?

Yesterday I was pulling my hair out because a lot of us were crashing when we tried to enter the Ammobox. I tried a variety of stock and mildly modified maps and the problem happened with them all. Sometimes it happened to players who opened the box for the first time, for others it happened when they opened the box at the MHQ in the AO, but one way or another it happened to everyone, then suddenly it stopped happening. very frustrating and confusing.

We are setting up our public server, it should be ready today, this will benefit from MH6s vehicle access permission software to help reduce the madness of normal public servers.

For 2 nights in a row I have played OA till 0300, reminds me of the old days, oh my aching eyeballs.

Hey Zeno, I'm just the opposite seems OA from Sprocket found my resident ArmA2 directory and isntalled straight to it.

As far as your issue with Steam, its hardcoded and wont work in any other directory as I fumbled with this in first getting A2 from Steam. So my suggestion is maybe reinstall A2 to the steam directory (when installing use same parameters used in installing OA steamapps\....etc) and then try that out, you might avoid some issues of patching later. Yes that maybe a pain to do now, but I'm sure you can avoid some issues in the future. Also will keep directories consolidated.