Spartans Home

Next ACE2 stable release

Ebden~SPARTA~

The 1.0 stable release is the one out a week ago, but they've already released the next update...bah.

Have we not been using 1.0? The current version Sparta is using has been on there for at least a month.

Our 1.0 is a pretty old version at this point Donziboy (beta version 316, now we're up to beta version 350 as of yesterday, possibly updated again today but I doubt it, they've slowed down their beta releases a little (definitely still have a beta release every few days, so it's not worth updating). There have been lots of changes and fixes). However our current version works, that's all we need it to do, maybe one of these days we'll update the version but that would bring a lot of headaches with it and that's something no one wants to deal with right now.

Also I'll note that that so-called "final RC" is just beta version 349, now beta version 350 is out. I guess they're just naming these beta version's stable versions and making them just that. If we do update our ACE version I'd like to request that we update it to version 350 however because the ACE team as increased the lethality of 12.7mm rounds (50 cal rounds) :).

Edited by DeltaSierra~SPARTA~

We can only move to a new release when they make it the next 'stable' version because we all need the same version to play together, using an updater for the server and expecting everyone to upgrade at the the same time is impossible. They are still updating THREE times a week some weeks.

:D

We can only move to a new release when they make it the next 'stable' version because we all need the same version to play together, using an updater for the server and expecting everyone to upgrade at the the same time is impossible. They are still updating THREE times a week some weeks.

:D

What if the label says 'stable'? The 1.1 release, which was initially supposed to be the real thing..wasn't...for about 4 days. According to their notes, it is now. Even though they updated it into beta again 2 days ago.

Links for the stable 1.1v are here, but I haven't a clue if it actually runs properly.

Before anyone goes and deletes their ACE1.0, are there objections to moving to beta 359/stable 1.1?

I wonder if it means an update to the map as well to enable/fix any added tools?

Edited by Ebden~SPARTA~

We will have to wait until Zeno installs it on the server, it's downloaded but I'm not about to bugger anything up LOL.

Shouldn't we fix a day we will move to the new version that way it gives eveyone time to get sorted?

Still waiting for an answer. Now that the download is on our own site you can have 349 or 359 but I need to know now (and I need a link).

Both Armaholic and Ace site 1.1 are 349 mate.

Both Armaholic and Ace site 1.1 are 349 mate.

Yes, the stable-named release is 349. Let's stick with that one. The next planned stable release is 1.2, due out in a month. It will be the final release for ARMA2.

The following release will be 1.3, but it will be for Operation Arrowhead and is due out in two months.