Spartans Home

Playstation Move (PS3)

NoScream~SPARTA~

Looks like a copy of what the Wii has done.

I will say that this is better than the Wii because the Wii doesn't do HD. It has composite out as the baseline that comes with the box, and it has component out as a separate purchasable option. PS3 is HD all the way because of its BluRay capabilities.

The Wii does have one thing that helps it, the games. The Wii's games, not just the franchise series like Mario and Zelda, but some of the others as well, are really good. They get a little old after a while but it's fun to play every once in a while.

I was playing Wii bowling and tennis just last night. I also have the latest Super Mario Bros. Wii and Mario Kart Wii. Both are very fun games.

My kids will love this if they put the work into the games in the same way Nintendo have done and continue to do.

nice to see sony jump on the 4 year old "gimmick" bandwagon :D too late there i'm afraid :D

Wii ? 67.4 million, as of 31 December 2009

PlayStation 3 ? 33.5 million, as of 31 December 2009

I will say that this is better than the Wii because the Wii doesn't do HD. It has composite out as the baseline that comes with the box, and it has component out as a separate purchasable option. PS3 is HD all the way because of its BluRay capabilities.

don't think there is more than a dozen proper HD games for ps3. think the visual quality over the wii is more down to it's power rather than the resolution, MW2 for example looks pretty nice and the wii would cry at even thinking of running it but it's not even 720p on the PS3.

nice to see sony jump on the 4 year old "gimmick" bandwagon :D too late there i'm afraid :D

Wii ? 67.4 million, as of 31 December 2009

PlayStation 3 ? 33.5 million, as of 31 December 2009

don't think there is more than a dozen proper HD games for ps3. think the visual quality over the wii is more down to it's power rather than the resolution, MW2 for example looks pretty nice and the wii would cry at even thinking of running it but it's not even 720p on the PS3.

You're right! The wii is nowhere near the power houses that the PS3 and Xbox360 are. The Wii is a glorified GameCube that has a beffier video processing system, takes regular sized discs, and has the wireless, motion sensing IR controllers. The Wii even accepts the CameCube discs, controllers, and memory cards.

At least IT is backwards compatible. One of the main reasons that I haven't bought a PS3 is because they stopped making it backwards compatible with the couple hundred PS2 games I already have. Most important out of those are my Guitar Hero collection... yes I am a Guitar Hero.

Anyways, consoles for me are something to do when the wife wants to spend "quality time together." The real gaming is in the office at the desk. Keyboard, mouse, Rang gamepad, and gaming rig to boot. Consoles can lick ballz.