Spartans Home

Opinions of level of air support in ACE2

GooniversalSoldier~SPARTA~

This past weekend in the ACE2 server i was running air support in the cobra. We were maintaining over-watch on the ground forces as they advanced on several AO's and was wondering if people found the level of air support sufficient, or was it too much?

We tried to keep our targets limited to armor and infantry called for by the ground forces, but did engage T.O.Op around the ground forces when possible.

I just want to be sure im not making it too easy for the ground pounders. ;)

comments?

I was on that night and have to say that I really enjoyed it to have somebody in the air.

I liked especially the aspect of the overwatch of our battlefield. It makes it quite interesting when you have someone calling out targets like "To your right Kav, 3 Tangos one of them running from left to right..."

Considering how many times me, bigworm and vapor got annihilated, I'd say no, it wasn't too easy for us on the ground. Not try to say the annihilation was your fault, the new AI is a tricky som'bitch.

Ok. I really enjoyed being the good old eye in the sky during these runs. Might be something to consider for tac dom...though the ROE would have to be fairly solid to keep it fun.

Glad you guys enjoyed it.

The amount of air support with the ace servers is, as of right now, fine. Over the time playing on the ace server the last few days, the number of vehicles that are available to the players and the rate in which they rise, really balances the map. Along with the fact that infantry are need for observation, dealing with anti-air and that only infantry can destroy the radiotowers it makes sure that the infantry is still as if not more valuable than the air support. So keeping the way things are with the air I support.

Though I do recommend changing some small things. The damage of the server seems to be a little low overall, though I am not sure if it is a bug in the mod or a server error. Weapons from both infantry or vehicles seem to do less damage, and when a maverick missile only kills 40% of the time, or when it take more than 1 shot with a m107 to the chest, I think there may be something wrong just noting.

Also it might be a little more fun if the players were able to access enemy vehicles like the Hiend by salvaging them, not only adding another level of accomplishment to the player, but also another way for the players to directly influence the assets that are available to them. Besides having 2 Hiend and destroying the enemy is so much fun, especially when you can fast rope troops off of it and then take out the armour so cool.

Anyways, I REALLY support the liberal use of air support that is currently in the server!

Note: God I just reread this and it sound like a bad essay :P Well hope that helps

The amount of air support with the ace servers is, as of right now, fine. Over the time playing on the ace server the last few days, the number of vehicles that are available to the players and the rate in which they rise, really balances the map. Along with the fact that infantry are need for observation, dealing with anti-air and that only infantry can destroy the radiotowers it makes sure that the infantry is still as if not more valuable than the air support. So keeping the way things are with the air I support.

Though I do recommend changing some small things. The damage of the server seems to be a little low overall, though I am not sure if it is a bug in the mod or a server error. Weapons from both infantry or vehicles seem to do less damage, and when a maverick missile only kills 40% of the time, or when it take more than 1 shot with a m107 to the chest, I think there may be something wrong just noting.

Also it might be a little more fun if the players were able to access enemy vehicles like the Hiend by salvaging them, not only adding another level of accomplishment to the player, but also another way for the players to directly influence the assets that are available to them. Besides having 2 Hiend and destroying the enemy is so much fun, especially when you can fast rope troops off of it and then take out the armour so cool.

Anyways, I REALLY support the liberal use of air support that is currently in the server!

Note: God I just reread this and it sound like a bad essay :P Well hope that helps

Damage levels are all part of ACE 1.0 stable.

Using enemy assets has been turned on and off and tried many times. Unfortunately, the red text to determine if a unit is friendly or foe is based on the asset type, not who is in them.. so team kills are always high when people mix/match. As such, its a map level parameter and could be voted/changed, but by default armor and air are turned off. This also means that the opfor human players cannot enter their own assets.

• 2 weeks later...
Damage levels are all part of ACE 1.0 stable.

Using enemy assets has been turned on and off and tried many times. Unfortunately, the red text to determine if a unit is friendly or foe is based on the asset type, not who is in them.. so team kills are always high when people mix/match. As such, its a map level parameter and could be voted/changed, but by default armor and air are turned off. This also means that the opfor human players cannot enter their own assets.

God id hate to see what would happen in Opfor got their drivers licenses.