Spartans Home

OMG Help me - Port Forwarding

Rocky

Okay I've done this before so this is killing me here that I can't forward my ports!!!

I've set up my static IP in network connections, so now I go to the belkin setup page, virtual servers, to forward the ports for COD4 and Ghost Recon etc.

The screen SHOULD look like this, with range boxes for the ports

User posted image

But no no, mine looks like this.

User posted image

There's no place to enter the port ranges and there should be a box where I can type a name , like "Ghost Recon", I've done this before!

Someone please for the love of god help me.

Edited by Rocky

Have you checked your FIREWALL?

I have the belkin & have opened NO PORTS, it was the software FIREWALL restricting port traffic.

Check your computer SECURITY SETTINGS for FIREWALL, WINDOWS DEFENDER/ NORTON/ AGV/ NOD32 or whatever your running & make sure it's allowing 2 way traffic for the GAME exe !!!!!

PC's have 2 FIREWALLS: 1 is the ROUTERS & The other (the one that causes many problems) from the SECUTIRY SOFTWARE (we nearly all install).

P.S.

Your BELKIN has the picture paged, under:

VIRTUAL SERVERS section of the main left hand menu, ONCE YOU'VE LOGGED IN !!!

But I see you have no preset games but that really does not always matter !!!!

YOU CAN SEE I HAVE NO GAMES SET !!!!

Only Punk Buster & that was a panic thing !!

User posted image

Yeh but I can't connect to any COD4 servers at all, but if I disconnect my router, I can, so it is the router no Zonealarm,

Also, nobody can join my GR server, again that's a port forwarding thing. I've set it up in the past and managed no problems, but the virtual server screen I am getting in belkin setup is clearly not the right one for some reason.

In your screenshot you can see column for inbound port, low range high range, mine does not show that for some reason.

Edited by Rocky

ok you need the ports for your router for each of the games...

TCP/ UDP

COD4 uses port 28960 by default

Ghost Recon 2346-2348

http://portforward.com/cports.htm

have a look

P.S> & define your PC I.P. too, make your PC FIXED I.P.

NETWORK> PROPERTIES>ADAPTOR SETTINGS>PROPERTIES>> TCP/ IP SETTINGS for V4

I've done the static IP thing, it's in my first post.

The problem is my virtual servers screen is different from the one you posted, ie there is no where to enter a port range like Ghost Recon 2346-2348, have a look at my screenshot. Annoyingly I have done it before no issue, something is wrong with the setup page this time though.

Edited by Rocky