Spartans Home

ACE 2 Server quite laggy

Batwing~SPARTA~

Hi guys,

I am not complaining, because all of Sparta does for us is always great, but just to better understand...

Am Ii the only one suffering abnormal lag on the ACE2 server?

I am from US EST, I didn t check my ping on it, but Ii fiind the standard Dom server way smoother.

Here I see ppl warping away, Tanks appearing and desappearing, Tangos moonwalking...

If my target is not standing still is quite impossible hitting anything, not even Tanks ! This is making the enjoyment in game quite poor. Also because while i cannot fire to a Tango, he can fiire very well on me, killing me very easily....

It is quite frustrating, is this a know issue or am I the only one suuffering it ?

Myself and DeltaSierra were experiencing quite a bit of lag yesterday, but I only played for less than half an hour, so I can't say if it was just that time or was always happening.

Try to take note of anything you can when you see the lag, like number of players, time of day, ect and that will better help us to isolate the problem.

I ve been playing on the non-passworded server and I had the laggy experience for about 1 - 1,5 hrs around 7 pm EST and at 10 pm EST.

can t recall exactly how many ppl were on server, but it was not too crowded, 10 - 15 maybe? can t be sure...

Other thing is when I start the game I always get an error message about a missing file. Is not always the same file and if I hit "continue" the game goes ahead and I do not see any specific issue....

Unfortunately in the last few days the standard Dom server is always empty, because i d like to test how life is there, to see if at the same time I suffer lag on ACE, if i switch to the normal one is still laggy..

True ACE is adding many perks to the game, but if i have to pay in enjoyment because the MOD is too heavy and lag, I am not sure if that is a great trade off..

As for ACE itself and gameplay, I have pondered limiting the Dom map to a max of 20-25 players to help performance.

Couldn't agree more, it's worth trying anyway IMO.