Spartans Home

Problems Playing through Steam

ok, here's the problem. I bought the game through steam, downloaded it and all, and when I click on it to play, it says that the pre load is complete and I have to wait for the game to be released. I've tried reinstalling the game a couple of times and downloaded that giant package 3 times now and no luck whatsoever.

If it is still unreleased, how are the other ppl playing it right now through steam? Shed some light on the situation please. Thank you

ok, here's the problem. I bought the game through steam, downloaded it and all, and when I click on it to play, it says that the pre load is complete and I have to wait for the game to be released. I've tried reinstalling the game a couple of times and downloaded that giant package 3 times now and no luck whatsoever.

If it is still unreleased, how are the other ppl playing it right now through steam? Shed some light on the situation please. Thank you

have you opened a support ticket yet? That's where I would begin although they have been less than helpful for me in the past. That's why I don't use them anymore.

why?

My guess is that they are waiting for this giant patch from DICE until they open it for use. They have done this with numerous games. It is not Valve's job to convert the patch to Steam, it is the developer's job. Valve gives the devs the SDK for steam and then waits. So if the dev is sitting on his ass.... you wait too.

This is a guess, but precedent has been set.

BC2 has only been released in North America. Not sure when it's going to be released everywhere else.

Edit: Also released in Europe as of March 4th.

If you *know* it's out in your area, then try restarting steam, or try installing the steam Beta client.

For all those that sing the praises of Steam: I say it again.... blame yourself.

Steam is a monopoly point of presence supply system meaning you have nowhere else to go, you are full aware of this when you buy from them, if their servers go down you are stuffed, if their HQ has a holiday you are stuffed, if you need access for authorisation or to get your software you are at their mercy........

DVD FTW !! hard copy with a CD-KEY & your own friends on LAN/ VIRTUAL LAN/ PRIVATE GAME SERVER.

To Skazbr, I do emphasize, I've been there with other mono suppliers.... never again....