Spartans Home

So you don't like Eve-Online?

NoScream~SPARTA~

So you don't like playing Eve-Online (a MMO subscription game)? but like FPS & combat, now

CCP (makers of Eve online) is developing DUST 514, a FPS that is for X360 & PS3 that will interact with

Eve-Online for control of planet surfaces in eve & in turn form benefits for both communities.

DUST 514 is a none subscription FPS linked with Eve-Online

HD link

FAN SITE info: http://www.dust514-fan.co.uk/

--Preview Chat -- link

http://www.massively.com/2009/08/18/ccp-ga...e-mmo-dust-514/

User posted image

User posted image

Due to hit with the eve expansion 'Incarne' in early 2010

If they did Dust on PC, they would lose people playing real EVE.

Ah, so they don't want people giving up their subscriptions?

It sounds like a cool concept, though. Bridging the gap between strategists and FPS'rs who all want to play together. It has potential. Even the MMO thing seems really cool if I didn't have to play as some warlock or alien. I'd love to see a Tom Clancy-type MMO or even better, something based on Age of Empires.

The concept is clever, linking two totally different games with a clever API database to exchange info.

The FPS is on the planet surface fighting for domination of sectors which then links back to the Online MMO & it's alliances.

The console thing is to get the console market aware of Eve online (like a major marketing tool) and some might subscribe to eve therefore fulfilling CCP's goal.

CCP has 302, 000 subscribers, of which 40-45k play daily, CCP announced they wanted to reach 360,000 for 2010 with a long term goal of 600,000 players.

CCP run a massive server cluster ( some 200 machines fibre linked) on 64bit multicore machines in Docklands UK fibre linked to Europe/ USA & the east.

Dust 514 is an intro game for console players to the eve-universe & strategic game play & tactics.

As I just posted in the other active Eve thread, I am downloading the 14 day trial for the umpteeth time now! I just love the game's setting and graphics, but as usual the time it demands will probably mean after 14 days it'll be back to occasional shooters for me.

EVE would be 100x better in my opinion if, instead of point-and-click, it let you actually fly the ships. Like Freelancer or Darkstar One, but as an MMO. Alas..

Yeah but it is still a cool game because of its versatility and ability to do almost whatever you want to do.