Spartans Home

Air Domination Server Help Please

Stang~SPARTA~

Hi Guys,

I need your help please.

I have been trying to use the Air Dom server to take Aviation related screen shots, for the Aviation Standards Guide with no luck.

I can connect and run on all the servers (All Sparta Servers) without any issues EXCEPT this server. Its always does the same thing, I log in, re spawn at the main base and as soon as I jump in an aircraft and start the engine(s), it crashed to desktop.

I am running the Steam version of Arma2

All my drivers are completely updated

no issues with any of our other servers

Below is the Shortcut string that I use to launch the Air Dom server

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 33900 -nosplash -mod=@VopSound_2.1 -mod=@at_gui -mod=@proper

2 Main Questions

1. Is there anything I can do on this end to fix it
  2. Is it possible for me to run a map with all aviation aircraft on it (and available to fly) on my machine?

Below are my machine Specs for additional info

Area-51® X58

Processor: Intel® Core? i7-920 2.66 GHz 8MB Cache

Alienware P2 Chassis: Alienware® P2 Chassis with AlienIce? 3.0 Video Cooling - Space Black

AlienFX®: Alienware® Standard System Lighting - Astral Blue

Alienware P2 Chassis Upgrades: Alienware® Standard System Cooling

Power Supply: Alienware® 750 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply

Graphics Processor: Single 1,792 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 295

Video Optimizer: AlienAdrenaline v1.0: Video Performance Optimizer - More Info

Memory: 6GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz - 3 x 2048MB

Motherboard: Alienware® Approved Intel® X-58 Motherboard- Socket 1366 Core i7 Ready, Dual Triple Channel DDR3 Memory

Operating System (Office software not included): Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium (64-bit Edition) with Service Pack 1

System Drive: Single Drive Configuration - 500GB SATA 3Gb/s 7,200RPM 16MB Cache

Additional Storage Drive: Additional Storage Drive - 1TB SATA 3Gb/s 7,200RPM 32MB Cache

Optical Drives : Single Drive Configuration - 20X Dual Layer Burner (DVD±RW) w/ LightScribe

Enthusiast Essentials: Dual High Performance Gigabit Ethernet Ports

Sound Card: High-Definition 7.1 Performance Audio

Keyboard: Standard Keyboard - Standard Keyboard

Mouse: Standard Mouse - Standard Optical 3-Button Mouse with Scroll Wheel

Removable Storage: Alienware® 28-in-1 Media Card Reader with Bluetooth

Power Plan: Standard Power Plan

Automatic Updates: Automatic Updates On for Critical Updates Only

Thanks for all the help Guys

Tejay

Was I drunk? I don't recall this. But then again, thats common.

I don't know of any registry settings for Arma. Just command line options like maxmem, or winxp.

Another tip I saw from people was to play the game using the "low" video card memory setting.. apparently Arma doesn't know how to allocate its video memory well, and if you keep it to low it will do better. *shrug* Such a testy damn game..

Was I drunk? I don't recall this. But then again, thats common.

I don't know of any registry settings for Arma. Just command line options like maxmem, or winxp.

Another tip I saw from people was to play the game using the "low" video card memory setting.. apparently Arma doesn't know how to allocate its video memory well, and if you keep it to low it will do better. *shrug* Such a testy damn game..

lol, nevermind, I got ya mixed up. I think I was drunk at the time actually...

Is there a simple way to get a map running on my machine with all aircraft on it and flyable?

OK

I've had a go at the editor and now I'm ready to tie the garden hose around my neck, other end to the chimney and throw myself off the roof.

......Auuuuugh

I can place aircraft just fine (with the unit tool) and they're always full of troops.

How in in the friggen hell do you place aircraft from the "Empty Group"

I can't find anything labeled "empty group" no where in any of the selections

Heeeeeeelp....please

and yes I already know....its Operator Error... ME!!

:wallbash:

You can use the editor for that, Stang. If you place the aircraft from the "Empty" group, there won't be any crew in it, so you can hop in and fly around.
Edited by Stang

Pick Unit, then at the side Don't select BLUFOR, at the botton of the list it should say EMPTY, click this, then Select Air, and it should give you what you want.

And place a player first. The 'Empty' selection won't be visible unless you've already placed a playable character. So place a US Riflemen set to Player and then you can place empty vehicles from the Empty category.

WoooHooo

I'm happier than a pig in shit

It works!

:cheers:

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

....are pigs in shit really happy???

:worshippy: