Spartans Home

Got the game with an hacked CD key !!

Batwing~SPARTA~

Guys, I m LIVID !!!

I got the game with an hacked CD key and obviously I cannot get on any MP.

DO NOT BUY FROM GOGAMER.COM

On Bohemia forums, this is a known recent issue. It's a shame !!!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?...mer+invalid+key

I just filed a complain with their CS and I requested ann RMA with full refund on my credit card, however I am waiting for their answer about it.

I hope they r not going to make my life difficult.

I am pissed above a human imagination !!!

Actually a lot of the mass-cd-key order websites are being dropped as from legitimate status by publishers.

Infinity Ward has done the same thing. They are banning cd keys from some of these vendors after players (read 'PC players') have paid 50 or 60 $US for them. Now they can even play a broken game.

Sadly, other publishers are following suit. Your best bet is to buy a retail box every time, even if it is by mail order. You are guaranteed a legit key and you also have the UPC proof of purchase.

My main question is, why would the publishers sell mass quantities of keys to vendors then turn around and shut them down. I'd call that scamming.

An article about this... http://www.destructoid.com/is-modern-warfa...s--155532.phtml

@ medic:

I bought a RETAIL Box !! tthis is what really piss me off !! I got the box mailed and it toook a few days.

I have all my stuff, it came NICE AND SEALED, I have thhe manuale and at the back of the manual thhe frikking code!!!

This is just a fraud from the selller, because they never advertised this "could" be a returned game. They sell it for new and it get delivered as new, but obviously has been, uused, activated and returned and re-sold.

If i was in Italy, Ii come from a lawyer family and I would know how to intimidate these assholes to get my money back right away. Here unfortunately, I have to hope they will answer my mail first of all.

Guys, any legal suggestion is very welcome. Thank you.

Oh wow, I though it was a DL version and they emailed you the key. Sorry for my assumption.

First you could go the route of blacklisting the site by reporting it to one or all of the internet based Better Business Bureau types.

But honestly, I would present the case to Bohemia Interactive. Report a full account of what has happened to BI and ask them to make it right by providing you with a new key.

Points to make for your argument:

You purchased the game in good faith that the product would work.

BI has more legal power than a single consumer. If the site isnt practicing ethical behavior, then BI should know about it. They will be able to do more about it than you will.

You are currently trying to receive a new box of the game that has never been opened through the site but you believe the attempt to be futile in light of the events that have already transpired.

Offer any evidence to BI that proves your case. (pictures of the box, cd and booklet with the cd key showing. A video might be better. Maybe even a copy of your credit card bill showing the transaction. This is your discretion of course.)

I would just make a plea to BI that you have been screwed over with a purchase of one of their products and while you are attempting to rectify the problem through the online store where you bought it, you don't think they will retrun either the money or give you a new key. Bi will ikely want the above evidence and may fix the problem right away. Either way, we should learn how good, or bad, their customer service is.

Good hunting.

Hi Medic,

thank you for your suggestions.

I posted on the official BI forum at this address

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?...366#post1496366

and i would like you take a look to let me know what do you think about it.

This is gonna be a very uncomfy situation, because Gogamer did not even replied to my complain and BI is trying to wash their hands of this problem.

I am very disappointed, is the first time something like this is happening to me and i already feel the solution like buying another copy and forget about my first 45 bucks....

However if BI denied their support to me, I would invite the community to "learn" at least from someone else bad experience, how they freely screwd us.

Let s see what happens...

@ Halli,

Thank you very much mate for your support on the Bohemia forum, i really appreciated.

I am in touch with GoGamer now, they are making somedifficulties but looks like are agree to give me another key. i told 'em i wanna test is working before saying i m satisfied.

all of this is ridicoulous..

@ Halli,

Thank you very much mate for your support on the Bohemia forum, i really appreciated.

I am in touch with GoGamer now, they are making somedifficulties but looks like are agree to give me another key. i told 'em i wanna test is working before saying i m satisfied.

all of this is ridicoulous..

I was waiting to hear some good news on this before putting my .02 in. Batwing, whatever else happens with this situation, Arma is a great game, but we play other games here as well. Even of things don't work out with Arma, or if a long delay is involved, stick around and see what else is going on around here. I'm relatively new here myself, but I can't think of a better place to come to for gaming and company.

Ditto x2.

I am glad gogamer.com has finally responded to you. I think your post on the BI forum is right on, but misplaced. I would have emailed the customer support address and then followed up with a phone call if no response in 2 days. Forms are usually a waste of time trying to get anything out of the developer. (BI may be different, I don't go to that forum often enough to know them there. Halli might though. 117 posts.)

If gogamer.com is still being retarded in a week (or at your desired interval), I would email BI directly with a new letter and also put a link to your forum post in the body as a reference. I would also type in the current key you have and make sure it is correct. This way they can look it up. Give as much information to them as you can in the first email, so you dont waste time with them as they have to respond to you asking for more information.

As far as gogamer.com is concerned. You would think that an online retailer would know what a new game box looks like and more importantly what USED packaging looks like. I have never seen shrink wrap used on a game box before and I have over 50 game boxes on my shelf above my desk. Action still needs to be taken with gogamer.com. Just make sure it happens AFTER you are satisfied with the result of them replacing your ArmA2. You dont want them to delay or screw the situation up even more on purpose.

I hope all of this works out and you can get into the games soon.

I am glad gogamer.com has finally responded to you. I think your post on the BI forum is right on, but misplaced. I would have emailed the customer support address and then followed up with a phone call if no response in 2 days. Forms are usually a waste of time trying to get anything out of the developer.

I hope all of this works out and you can get into the games soon.

Medic's right, this isn't a community addon beta test glitch whatever issue, it's a real consumer-industry issue involving a legal transaction. You are much better suited trying to talk to a person 1-on-1 at BI, or at least using a customer service email, than to initiate coorespondence on the forum.

Of course, by all means let the community know that you had a bad experience with the third-party reseller and how BI's response flushes out, but make sure you have your details in order. Community support on the forum can help you as long as you keep the facts straight and take your personal communication with BI to the next level, which is off the public forum.

Oh, and ditto x3 on the last

Ok guys,

So yesterday i sent an email to BI PR Manager Jan Prazek, it was a solid mail with some light "legalese".

Just this morning i got a reply from Mr. Prazek apologizing for the situation. And he escalated to an internal tech support in BI.

At the same time i got an email from the BI tech support rep. who is taking care of my case and I sent him the Key to evaluate what the issues is.

I would say at least BI is moving in a very nice direction.

I n meanwhile yesterday I had a phone conversation with a supervisor at Gogamer CS who requuested for me to scan my Key to show it and start a procedure to 'possibly" get another key.

Hiis argumenntation was quite ridicoulous. He continued to insist something is related to Pirate key generators and also if he provides me withh another key, i have no certanty it will work.

Lol. I told him if he really believes in what is saying, they should shut down the sales of Arma 2 right now, because tomorrow, based on those BSs, he will have 5000 upset customers unable to play the game !!

However, one way or another i m going to the right direction. Just remember.. use always your solid experience. honestly i decided to go via Gogamer instead neweggg.com ( where I bought everything I have), because the first had a deal 10 bucks cheaper..

So, you know whhat, buying at Newegg for 10 bucks more, i was playing with u right now... lol.. evvery day I have to learn a new lesson :)

Peace...

Edited by Batwing

Just this morning i got a reply from Mr. Prazek apologizing for the situation. And he escalated to an internal tech support in BI.

At the same time i got an email from the BI tech support rep. who is taking care of my case and I sent him the Key to evaluate what the issues is.

I would say at least BI is moving in a very nice direction.

I would say you are understating BI's response. Congrats on getting the big man to write you personally! Do you think Mike Griffith, Activision CEO, would write you back; Would you even consider writing him?

Keep up your dialogue with BI. Don't bandy around accusatory language more than needed on any public forums, but update with concrete information. If Prazek wrote you back, than I'm confident you and your retailer are on the high-priority docket today.

Well, yes, i m quite happy of that indeed, lol.. i just don t want to raise my expectations too much :)

However my mail was in any way accusatory and was a solid request of help from an happy customer who is not so happy right now ;)

Very similar to my post on their forums, i think Mr. Prazek understood iin full my feelings. This is nice indeed.

Well, yes, i m quite happy of that indeed, lol.. i just don t want to raise my expectations too much :)

However my mail was in any way accusatory and was a solid request of help from an happy customer who is not so happy right now ;)

Very similar to my post on their forums, i think Mr. Prazek understood iin full my feelings. This is nice indeed.

Good on you. I didn't mean that you were being accusatory toward BI, but that BI has enough details about the event to give you personal attention and to begin their investigation. I meant more that you should hold off on rehashing the story with BI unless they ask for more info. It'll just confuse them (Office admin people get confused easily, like me)

Lol, yeah..

However it looks like I am ground zero again... After i sent my key to the BI tech support, the guy replied to me and said "That key is invalid, you should contact Gogamer asking for a new one"

Duh !!!!

I sent another reply and CC Prazek, explaining for the n time that Gogamer is not reacting friendly. They are giving me hard time to have another key and BI should take ownership of the problem being the producer and being the one who has power to enable or disable a key.

I just feel like they are bouncing me here and there and each one is not assuming their own responsabilities.

It is the first time I m having an issue like this and it sounds so frekking unbelievable! I am not even the only one having this problem.. it is just incredible how no one gives a shit to solve a problem, which is potentially an eaasy solution... GIVE ME A FREKKING NEW KEY AND EVERYONE IS HAPPY!

lol.. and this is all about a "game" which is something created to deliver "good time and happiness while playing" !!! lololol..

Quick update:

I am giving up.

GoGamer provided me a new key and guess what? It was disabled as well ! I don t know what s wrong with that store, but they really are making bad business.

On the other side I have to say Tech Support from Bohemia has been at least nice enough to explain me that legally they cannot give me another key, because legally Keys are belonging to the vendor providing the software, so the only path to go has 2 solutions:

1- either GoGamer provides a working key - which looks like is not gonna happen, because they have only disabled keys...

2 - return the game for a refund and buy somewhere else.

BI Tech Support also suggested me the option to buy the game directly from their distribution from http://www.sprocketidea.com/joomla/ then BI is directly responsible for tech support, keys and whatever comes with.

So, final verdict, if GoGamer gives me the option to return and re-fund I'll get my money back, otherwise I'd lost my 40 bucks and I'll buy a copy from BI trusted site.

Oh well, thinking all of this is for a game, which should provide happiness and joy, so far it gaves me only headache :)

At least I've lernt something: stick with trusted providers you know also if it costs a bit more.

BW-

Saddened to hear of your experience w/ GoGamer. Especially since my orders with them (3 to date) have been faultless.

The lack of true customer service is appaling, and I intend to spread the word to my associates.

BW-

Saddened to hear of your experience w/ GoGamer. Especially since my orders with them (3 to date) have been faultless.

The lack of true customer service is appaling, and I intend to spread the word to my associates.

Thank you for your concern, my friend.

GoGamer CS is not existent at all. It is 1 week and a half now I am waiting for someone giving me an RMA number to send this crap back and have a refund.

However i do consider it a closed case. i f I will be able to get the money back ok, otherwise doesn t matter.

Lol, my g/f is going to make me a gift with another copy of Arma 2 for xmas hehehe so I'll be up and running pretty soon :) She decided to make me a gift with the TrackerIR 5 as well... so I am quite happy I have to wait a bit for that kind of full package :)

I probably will ask her to buy the game straight by Bohemia, so at least i know who i have to call if i have problems :)

Oh, and bytheway.. I see you are in St. Pete, I am in Tampa and CyLawyer is in Lakeland.. we should plan a meeting and a beer together guys !

Edited by Batwing