Spartans Home

Dragon Age Origins

rtr~SPARTA~

HAHA Well done.

SAVE OFTEN. Every time you do ANYTHING, SAVE IT.

*Well for starters, those of you who choose to be anything other than a rogue, you wont be able to open locked chests until you recruit one to your 'gang.' The first one I have encountered was at the Inn in Lothering. A cute little redhead thing. From there you can back track and open the past chests.

*Just be careful, you may only carry so much stuff. So sell off older or less important items if need to.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

So did I. Probably not as they are beginners items and (I believe, unconfirmed) that the itmes improve with your skill, OR just get bettrer as you travel to newer places. I am not sure.

But I am going to go back to ostragar (sp?) and take a look. There were tons of chests in the encampment.

So did I. Probably not as they are beginners items and (I believe, unconfirmed) that the itmes improve with your skill, OR just get bettrer as you travel to newer places. I am not sure.

But I am going to go back to ostragar (sp?) and take a look. There were tons of chests in the encampment.

Apparently, once you get to lothering, you cant go back.

*Just be careful, you may only carry so much stuff. So sell off older or less important items if need to.

There is a solution to the above problem, but it'll cost you. The first major piece of DLC for the game--which has been available since launch day--is an expansion module called (I believe) The Warden's Keep. In addition to providing more adventuring content and background on the Grey Wardens, the Keep also allows you to store additional inventory. The cost is $7 USD.

Sadly, I've had the game since launch day, I've downloaded the DLC items that came in the box AND I've already paid for and downloaded Warden's Keep, and I've even applied the first patch, but I've yet to actually PLAY the game beyond the first 20 minutes, and that was only to make certain everything worked okay.

I'm trying to finish both GTA IV and Borderlands, while at the same time putting some time into Arma2 and racing on Sundays. As soon as I finish GTA and BL, I'll dive into Dragon Age.

By the way, for those of you that might be interested, Neverwinter Nights 2 is also an excellent game (I enjoyed it more than the original). A "Gold" edition is also available; it includes the first expansion, "Mask of the Betrayer", which has an excellent story. Sure, it's not as shiny and new as DO:A, but you can get the Gold edition at Best Buy and similar retailers for $30 USD, which for 100+ hours of content is an excellent value.

I have Neverwinter Nights 2 (all three, orig and both expansions). Only thing I don't have is an "adventure" that was released.

Very good game, plus has Multiplayer Coop and Multiplayer Servers that have a variety of realms and you can do an old fashioned table-top style RPG episodic sessions (3-4 hours average) with a Dungeon Master (Game Master) or more than one to run all the NPCs with real time human interaction.

Additionally, a mod is expected before years end that converts the whole system to a science fiction setting based on an old RPG game along the Alternity series called, STAR*DRIVE. One guy has pretty much developed 3gb worth of custom models and alien races already and is just finishing up the scripting on an adventure before releasing the conversion mod and the adventure simultaneously. This is community based custom content and adventures which cost you ZERO mulah!

If you are fan of Baldurs Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Diablo, even Morrowing/Oblivion then you should enjoy Dragon Age. It isn't as free-roaming as the latter, but is pretty big in scope. I have probably put in about 20+ hours and am not even halfway done. Every line is professionally voice acted and the decisions you make in the game can have a big impact throughout.

If you do pick it up, I recommend doing the Circle of Magi (sp?) quests first. You get a healer to join your party which is essential for later on.

Edited by Phisher

A couple things...

If you look under the profile sheet for your Character, it show the percentage the game is completed on the right hand side, near the top.

Kill everything you can find. This is really the only way to level up and you will need your skills in the harder places.

Personally I have obtained the character Shale (the golem) and have completed Lothering, Redcliffe village, Redcliffe Castle, and the Soldier's keep.

The soldier's keep wasn't too difficult and the final 'boss' drops a full set of very nice armor.

I use at the moment,

My character (warrior)

Alistair (gray warden warrior)

Aliana (rogue)

Shale (golem)

This works well.

This game is pretty damn fun, and I usually don't like RPGs. The storyline is excellent, and there are voice overs for all the dialogue, which is always nice. I'm only 3 hours in but it was a fun 3 hours for damn sure.

I made a Dwarf Warrior named Bolgrin. :D

I stopped playing shortly before the big battle, after joining the Grey Warden.

Edited by MH6~SPARTA~

my characters name is ragnar

Ha, you said Ragnar. Ragnar Arnason is an Icelandic fisheries economist that I can't stand.

The game looks good, but how similar is it to Oblivion? Is it the storyline-character dynamic discussed in the IGN review that sets it apart?

All reviews for the PC version are top-notch; nice to see something that isn't a console port.

My character is a humna warrior named Malorek (like my EVE Character). I am trying to find and do everything so no doubt some of you will finish before me. I am in Denerim and am doing all of the quests on the Chantry board at the moment.

BTW, I have the full set of Blood Armor and am wearing it proudly.

The game looks good, but how similar is it to Oblivion? Is it the storyline-character dynamic discussed in the IGN review that sets it apart?

There are several things about DA:O that set it apart from Oblivion, but the two biggest are:

* Companions! You don't have to save the world alone; your character can travel with up to three other companions, and there's a lot of interaction between the party members. So even if you don't have a social life, you can pretend to have one with DA:O.

* Tactical combat. The game, for the most part, was meant to be played with frequent pauses to issue orders to your party members.

* Companions! You don't have to save the world alone; your character can travel with up to three other companions, and there's a lot of interaction between the party members. So even if you don't have a social life, you can pretend to have one with DA:O.

Recently, I had a female mage join my party. At a certain point she didnt like the decision I made and then decided to fight me, of course I killed her and went on. Turns out I would need here greatly so I loaded the saved game and made a different decision that she approved of (but another party member did not) and the next boss fight went well.

Save often so you can redo certain decisions if you need to. Your party members will turn on you or leave your party if they dont like your decisions. But keep in mind, you cant keep everyone happy all the time.

Recently, I had a female mage join my party. At a certain point she didnt like the decision I made and then decided to fight me, of course I killed her and went on. Turns out I would need here greatly so I loaded the saved game and made a different decision that she approved of (but another party member did not) and the next boss fight went well.

Save often so you can redo certain decisions if you need to. Your party members will turn on you or leave your party if they dont like your decisions. But keep in mind, you cant keep everyone happy all the time.

Yes having a healer helps tremendously.

Also, stop being a dick to people and your party members won't hate you. :P

I try to play the part of the noble yet disciplined warrior, and as such, all my party members are fairly loyal to me (except for the elf rogue), and some (read: Morrigan) are more than so.

My current party consists of Alastair (whom I respecced into two-handers instead of shields), Morrigan, and Wynne. We wreck just about everything.

I don't see how I'm expected to kill a certain old hag though (especially since Morrigan cannot participate). I get owned something fierce. As it stands, I also still need to get the elves and dwarves to accept the treaties, having already secured the magi's support.

But man does the dialog in this game crack me up. Especially the bickering between Morrigan and Alastair.

Yes having a healer helps tremendously.

Also, stop being a dick to people and your party members won't hate you. :P

I try to play the part of the noble yet disciplined warrior, and as such, all my party members are fairly loyal to me (except for the elf rogue), and some (read: Morrigan) are more than so.

My current party consists of Alastair (whom I respecced into two-handers instead of shields), Morrigan, and Wynne. We wreck just about everything.

I don't see how I'm expected to kill a certain old hag though (especially since Morrigan cannot participate). I get owned something fierce. As it stands, I also still need to get the elves and dwarves to accept the treaties, having already secured the magi's support.

But man does the dialog in this game crack me up. Especially the bickering between Morrigan and Alastair.

I look forward to Alistair's bits. Most of the other stuff is just long and drawn out but I listen to it anyway, because of the story line.

I gave Alistair a nice sword with an enchantment of + lightening damage. He does fairly well with it.

I am trying to get him to 31 strength so he can wear the Warden Commander armor set I have. It has some hella bonuses. Keep in mind, once you clear out the Warden's keep, you can use it to store items you dont want to carry.