Spartans Home

Windows 7 VERSION DIFFERENCES

NoScream~SPARTA~

Works good for me except for my monitor problem. but got past that and it works well. As good as vista on mine. 7 PRO x64 Outher than the useual problems of haveing to down load it 3 times and burn it 3 times before it would valadate the burn, but sence replaced the ageing burner i have and it burnt right the first time. After that then the monitor problem rose its ugly head.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Works good for me except for my monitor problem. but got past that and it works well. As good as vista on mine.

I'm probably lucky here. We bought a Vista-loaded laptop for my niece's birthday in June and it qualified for a free Win7 upgrade; she said she's not particularly picky, and her laptop is a little powerhouse which has been running flawlessly so far, so she told me I could have the upgrade if I wanted it.

So, hopefully, the upgrade isn't somehow tied to the Vista-license for her specific machine. I've Googled to see if this might be the case, but everything I've read so far says it's the same upgrade version that you'd buy anyplace else without any strings attached. All that will happen is that it will invalidate my current Vista license (unless I downgraded back to Vista for some odd reason).

I have only experienced one problem with 7 ultimate (so far)

my 2nd monitor only likes a refresh rate of 70, 68 wont work and 60 it keeps flickering. I have tried the drivers that came with 7 and the new nvidia drivers. Card is an 8800 GTS (640) and happy to say it is still going strong after 3 years :) only lets me pick 60 or 68 on this monitor, before you say it no, the "hide modes the monitor cant display isnt ticked" and its greyed out anyway so cant change it if i wanted too!

sorry for hi-jack, thanks for the info Viii, if you would like to move this to tech support for me that would be just swell :)