Spartans Home

VOP Sound 2.1 - highly recommended for Arma2

Lightspeed~SPARTA~

i seem to be having a problem with mine, i created the @vopsound_2.1 folder/addons folder then cut and paste the actual pbo and bisign files to the addons folder, i changed the targt path and tried to join the server, i got a message saying vops_c_environmental.pbo all the way through vops_s_impact.pbo are not signed by server, plz remove or add sign key to use. and i have a question on armaholic page where i got this, theres something on the bottom that says required addon>vopsound signed or somthing like that, where do i put those files?

yes i had same problem.

in this link zeno says download here and here. you need the second download to get the additional .bisign files (very small download).

just copy the extra files into AddOn folder and it will work. (say yes if you are asked to overwrite).

should work.

This is for people in general P but you may find something useful in here.

Make sure you download both of these rars from

http://www.legionofsparta.net/downloads/Games/ArmA 2/Mods/

VopSound_2.1.rar

VopSound_2.1signed.rar

Extract addons into a folder called @vopsound2.1

You have to pull all of the files out of the sub folders into the Addons folder

extract the second rar into the addons folder and replace the files

Add this to the target line of the shortcut

-mod=@vopsound_2.1

here is my target line

"C:\Program Files\Games\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@vopsound_2.1 -mod=@at_gui

You will notice the difference.

BTW the second "here" in my post points to the addons directory of Spartas general downloads site. We try to put everything we use by way of addons, patches, missions for all the games we play and have played into that site.

check it out here

http://www.legionofsparta.net/downloads/Games/

Like P, I've had this on for a day or so and I think I can hear some differences.

I followed the install instructions and created the @VopSound2_1 folder, within Arma2 and then the Addon folder within that, so I ended up with:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma2\@VopSound2_1\Addons

Then I extracted the contents of the VopSound2_1.rar into the Addon sub-folder. This instantly created a new VopSound2_1 folder withan Addons sub-folder. Within this were the various sound type folders, containing the relevant .pbo files etc. So I now have:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma2\@VopSound2_1\Addons\VopSound2_1\Addons\Enironmental Sounds..... etc

When I extracted the signed files it again created a new VopSound2_1 signed folder within the original Addon folder and it contained the signed files. I copied these from this new folder to the specific sound subfolders created when I extracted the original VopSound2_1.rar.

Apologies for the long post and I hope it made sense but I was certainly confused with the multiple folders being created when I thought I was extracting individual files.

I get the message on entering the Sparta & B:P:R servers that I'm running the mod, haven't had a single error but IMO, I'm not hearing significant differences yet.

Edited by BPR_Watchman

Like P, I've had this on for a day or so and I think I can hear some differences.

I followed the install instructions and created the @VopSound2_1 folder, within Arma2 and then the Addon folder within that, so I ended up with:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma2\@VopSound2_1\Addons

Then I extracted the contents of the VopSound2_1.rar into the Addon sub-folder. This instantly created a new VopSound2_1 folder withan Addons sub-folder. Within this were the various sound type folders, containing the relevant .pbo files etc. So I now have:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma2\@VopSound2_1\Addons\VopSound2_1\Addons\Enironmental Sounds..... etc

When I extracted the signed files it again created a new VopSound2_1 signed folder within the original Addon folder and it contained the signed files. I copied these from this new folder to the specific sound subfolders created when I extracted the original VopSound2_1.rar.

Apologies for the long post and I hope it made sense but I was certainly confused with the multiple folders being created when I thought I was extracting individual files.

I get the message on entering the Sparta & B:P:R servers that I'm running the mod, haven't had a single error but IMO, I'm not hearing significant differences yet.

Watch this space, some advice given to Watchy and furious file movement is currently ensuing.

an update to follow........

Watch this space, some advice given to Watchy and furious file movement is currently ensuing.

an update to follow........

Removal of all the extra folders has worked, sounds great!

Still don't understand how I was ending up with so many sub-folders, quirk of how I was un-raring the files I guess.

Cheers Luggage. :D

i believe you should hear differences in the m16/m4 family, the dmr, g36 family, silenced versions, m24,m40, explosives, launchers, frags, smoke, Beretta, ak family, svd, and prob some other russian weapons, haven't confirmed those yet.

Not to mention the A-10 sounds virtually like the real life counterpart. Explosions are incredible, and the sound explosions make from a far distance totally immerses you in the game. Low, dull, rumbling echos. This is how the A10 and distant explosions should sound with VOP. Turn your speakers up. Incredible.

• 1 month later...

i went to d/l vop sounds to day and noticed the first post on armaholic recommends using it with 2 other sound mod, a heli sound mod and tracked vehicle sound mod, so i assume vop sounds didnt change these sounds...

i continued to browse and listen to the other sound addons if you wish and they sound great...

since the maker of vop is recommending it i assume the addons work together can anyone confirm this?

are they allowed on your server? i know dumb question because they arent listed in your allowed post but i gotta ask:)

VopSound 2.1 for ArmA2 released.

VopSound 2.1 Release modular Version

I'm happy to announce the second Release of VopSound for ArmA2.

Recommended to be used with: Tango Romeos Tracked Vehicles Sound Mod:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=78437

and Robert Hammers Heli Sound Mod:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=78119

Edited by Bsilenced