Spartans Home

Operation Flashpoint on 9800 Gx2???

EMT~SPARTA~

EMT what card(s) are you running at the moment? and how much video memory?

To be honest with the game release just 2 weeks away, I would wait and test the game with you current card and see how it performs - then you'll know if it's worth an upgrade.

I've heard the engine is smooth and graffix incredible and you may find it's perfect as is - but if not then you look for the upgrade and make sure you have 1 gig of video memory so that you can run textures at highest quality.

• 2 weeks later...

Demo

Codemasters had originally planned to distribute a playable demo before the game's release, but as of September 17, 2009, the demo has been delayed until after the retail game ships. The demo will be PC-exclusive and not be released for consoles. Representatives from Codemasters stated that the demo was delayed in order to ensure the game received as much polish as possible leading up to release day.[11]

SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Flashpoint_2#Demo

If you ask me, it was delayed to boost pre-order sales and not shoot them selves in the foot for "gotta have it" or curiosity buyers who might have changes their minds after playing the demo pre-launch.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

Should I upgrade? I got a Quad Core with plenty of room. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. I want to be able to play this game on the max so i get the full experience...

If you feel comfortable doing it--or if you know someone who could help you with it--I'd suggest overclocking your CPU. Even a small bump up to something like 2.6GHz would help with any processor-intensive game. Other than that, I can't see any reason why you won't be able to play OFP2 with settings at or near the highest quality levels. A buddy of mine runs the same video card, albeit with a faster processor, and all of his games look great.

If you feel comfortable doing it--or if you know someone who could help you with it--I'd suggest overclocking your CPU. Even a small bump up to something like 2.6GHz would help with any processor-intensive game. Other than that, I can't see any reason why you won't be able to play OFP2 with settings at or near the highest quality levels. A buddy of mine runs the same video card, albeit with a faster processor, and all of his games look great.

I have dled OPF 2 and have a 9800 GX2 with dual core (oced at 3.6) running at full high settings at 1370 x 720 resolution. Mission editor is not working for some reason with the Steam download.