Spartans Home

New Locale Available

Xross

looks nice.

also looks like too many freekin steep hills :D

/offtopic, ideal location for me would be one that incorporated all the original Gost recon maps. if the guns in ARMA2 were more inaccurate then it could be a lot like OGR.

Yeah, OGR didn't even enable you to lead the target to kill them. I think the OGR maps were alot like Arma2 is now. Both are supposedly based in Eastern Europe, although a few were desert terrain that looked more like Wyoming than the ME. And I've never personally seen hills that high in Latvia, although I did see a nice valley once:)

The maps where there was a little snow falling were my absolute favorite.

OGR had no bullet drop - it was point and click shooting - one shot one kill.

but i like the idea of the GR maps.

you had no ret spread on your OGR guns? even lying prone with any of the assault rifles your bullet would not hit dead centre of the screen because the ret doen't fully close, god knows where your second shot is going to go, up down left or right of target? :) . recoil in ARMA is a lot reasier to predict than random ret spread IMHO . not to mention the sniper scopes on OGR, but in ARMA you can pretty much run and gun with the sniper and is easy to use in CQB/point blank.

I played a bit with the map yesterday in the armory. It has super potential with the many narrow passes and elevation changes, but a little less so for CQB. I anticipate that battles for sections of towns, once the assault force is on the ground and IN town, will end quickly.

I'd like to find a server running dom on this map. Anybody know of something up and running, dom or otherwise?

you had no ret spread on your OGR guns? even lying prone with any of the assault rifles your bullet would not hit dead centre of the screen because the ret doen't fully close, god knows where your second shot is going to go, up down left or right of target? :) . recoil in ARMA is a lot reasier to predict than random ret spread IMHO . not to mention the sniper scopes on OGR, but in ARMA you can pretty much run and gun with the sniper and is easy to use in CQB/point blank.

The other thing about certain games is that the reticule image was a square which meant at the very center was a convergence of 4 pixels. In order for the game to function properly it has to choose which of those pixels it used to hit the target with. This didnt matter so much close up but at long distances it mattered greatly.

Cod4:MW was like this as well.