Spartans Home

Computer problem again!!!

Chimo

Hey everyone, Just wanted to let you guys know that I have yet some more Computer problems. My Buddy's graphic card is no more. But I should be getting my new card some times next week. Wednesday the 9th I think. So until then I'll be reading the forums.

Well, his card is still letting me on internet. at least there's that much it can do. But when it's comes to gaming it locks up with all sorts of colors on the screen. I don't know much about computers. Thank god, My buddy is a computer tech. And he was here yesterday when this all started to happen. After he check everything out he said stay away from gaming and just use your computer for the internet. Easy for him to say haha. I was just starting to like being a heli pilot.

Anyways, I should be back on Wednesday or Thursday.

Well, his card is still letting me on internet. at least there's that much it can do. But when it's comes to gaming it locks up with all sorts of colors on the screen. I don't know much about computers. Thank god, My buddy is a computer tech. And he was here yesterday when this all started to happen. After he check everything out he said stay away from gaming and just use your computer for the internet. Easy for him to say haha. I was just starting to like being a heli pilot.

Anyways, I should be back on Wednesday or Thursday.

Sounds like the classic overheating problem to me.

Edited by MH6

i had a problem with my card over heating a while ago, the solution i cam up with was opening the window taking off the case and shoving it out of the window (not thorowing it out of the window but puting it on the window sill) only problem with that (apart form of corse the computer being out the window probs not the safest thing) was that my gaming was weather dependent lol

But that's what I don't get i have 5 fans on my tower cooling my computer.

i dont think the case temp has such a big effect on the GPU, mainly because it could be pushing towards 100C when under load (depending on specific card of course).

d/l a temp monitoring app and see how hot it's getting, and clean up the fan :)

generally i find that if the gfx card is overheating the comp will just crash to desktop or shutdown. with messed up colours i find it's usually the gfx memory dying.

Edited by PANiC