Spartans Home

ARMA 2 Expansion : Operation Arrowhead Screenshots!

Chimo

I found these screenshots while I was at work last night. I was surprise cause most of the gaming sites get blocked.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

And my two favorite ones... Can we say CH-47 Chinook.. Woot woot!!

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hope you enjoy the screenies as i did :D

Edited by Chimo

The only drawback I see is that this looks (just judging from the screenies above) to have a big urban warfare aspect to it. It almost looks like GRAW1. We all know that urban warfare is where the arma engine lacks, so hopefully we'll see some good rocky mountain enviornemnts! Yes, the Chinook looks great!

wow, those look really good. Hopefully they fixed their city lag problems before they release this. I cant wait to try out that scar :) Hopefully we get more new weapons. I'm hoping the L96 will be in his this time around, which I pretty sure it wont :(.

Im actually really intrigued by the detail in the city models. I'm also a huge fan of door-to-door, street by street urban CQB (thats what got me hooked on the tactical approach) so if the xpac includes some decent silenced CQB weapons, Im gonna be enjoying the new stuff.

Take a look at this video, via Armaholic. You'll have to go to the side and use the subtitles to understand what the guy's saying, unless you speck Czech. About half-way through you get to see the Apache in action, but just focus on those mountains! I'm loving it! Also, another favorite point is functioning flashlights!

I'm not so sure the infared sighs will be good since it may hurt gameplay, but I'm open to try it out and see.

The expansion will be a standalone: it can be run without the content in the original ArmA II, but players who have purchased ArmA II will also be able to integrate that content into Operation Arrowhead. The developers plan on releasing some of the core changes introduced in Operation Arrowhead (such as performance optimizations and such) as patches so regular ArmA II players will be able to stay up to date with regard to performance, but not new content.

From the 2009 GamesCom conference, here is a brief list of features reported to be in the game:

* 2 new islands, a 160 square-km Takistan based on Central Asian terrain and Zargabad, a 70 square-km island with dense urban areas.

* Return of various player roles: players can, as they had in Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis, enlist as various characters, from basic infantryman to pilot to vehicle crewman

* New factions (guerrillas, local military, etc.)

* New vehicles: AH-64 Apache, MH-6, Stryker, M3 Bradley, T-55, M-113, BTR-60, UH-1H, and more.

* New weapons such as the FN SCAR

* Improvements to the warfare mode and the general game engine

http://www.armaholic.com/pfs.php?m=view&am...ame_shot_05.jpg

Check out the detail in that cockpit...now why can't they do this with all the old models they recycled from ArmA? This is something I notice a lot in ArmA2. I can tell which things thy just reused because the textures aren't as up to date and the detail is off...the Apache was originally made by a modder...not BIS...pretty much everything that comes from the mod community is always higher res, higher detail and works better than what is made by BIS. Guns, Aircraft, Vehicles, Buildings, effects...