Spartans Home

Practice run?

Zebb

It seems that we have a few people now who fancy giving ArmA a second chance and I thought we should decide on which mods we want to add (if any), just to begin with, and then we can choose other mods we want to add depending on how well the first few missions go.

Obviously you all remember that if you want to play as a squad then everyone has to have the same mod installed to join so I suggest that we stick to one for the sound (this seems like a good one that 7 mentioned) http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3051 and one to add some zip to the graphics (again mentioned by 7) http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1650

If we start with these added to the original ArmA patched to 1.14 then it should be simple to correct any issues when we get together.

If anyone has any issues adding the mods let me know it's really simple.. :thumbsup:

I am about this weekend if anyone wants to see how their game is running.. :drinks:

QB? Sorry mate I'm not sure what you mean, do you mean "Queens Gambit" because I posted above that I only want to use the vanilla ArmA patched to 1.14 with the 2 mods I mention to begin with then we can see how we get on from there ... :thumbsup:

Btw I was a bit miffed to find that a lot of my missions are dependant on using the UK forces mod I have installed so we cant use them yet but I have a found a couple that are ok.

To be honest I think to start with we will just use the standard non modded ArmA 1.14 for our first few games until we know we can all join the server together and our settings are all ok since they can take a bit of tweaking to start with, then we can start to add the mods one by one to pick up any problems as we go along.

Good stuff, on that note here are a few missions for you all, the first six "T01-T06" can be copied into your "Missions" folder so you can practice the basic things in single player, and the rest of the pbo files add into your "MPMissions" folder so if I fire one up we should all be able to join, don't worry about the error messages when you start the missions they work ok its just weapons or cammo that was in one of the mods.. :thanks:

Let me know if you have any problems.

http://files.filefront.com/ArmAPracticezip...;/fileinfo.html

Well Punisher and Samurai managed to get into my server which is an achievement in itself but we had an issue with some weapons in a mission which was probably due to all the addons and mods I have floating around my main Arma folder so I have cleaned out the addons folder so we can try again and see what happens.

I will be about Sunday if anyone wants to try again I will be on X-fire when I have the server up and Hamachi on, btw my Hamachi name is Zebb55 and I will give you the password on TS if we need to use it. :thumbsup: