Spartans Home

Family History

Hey all,

I was browsing around that website www.ancestry.com and thought i would do a little bit of family research. Every time I have tried to find stories about my ancestors, I've learned something I didn't want to, and so I'm trying to do a legitimate search for family, ect. I know some of you (halli, emoney) have done this before, and I wonder if you used a website or the old fashioned way? Just curious to see what resources that are out there to do this.

My family actually paid someone to do the research and found that my mom's was not from Germany but somewhere else from in Europe. Some country near Russia.

My dad used some software that continually updates online as people register and post info.

You start with Your fathers fathers and see how far that takes you then you go to your local library

and see if they have a data base on the areas that those fathers were from.

It may take years but give it time and don't rush it. You may have to do alot of reading from newpaper clips and what not from the era that you are searching.

With your last name you may do well.

Give me some names to search including a little info about them.

Good luck

Hey Durka,

FreindsReunited has a geneology application that comes with membership, once you start entering in parts of you family tree, the system puts you in touch with people who have trees that possibly match yours, it isn't fool proof, but I have used it to pull info from relatives that I hadn't contacted in years!

Regards,

Steve