Spartans Home

Take Your Daughter to War Day

I dont expect those of you who have never been in combat to understand. I do, however, see the possible humor and levity in it. I see it as a shot at the intelligence of our soldiers and the military in general. Another piece of propoganda giving the public a tainted view of the competence of our soldiers.

I think it is done in poor taste, that is all.

Most of the onion news network's stories are poor in taste.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

But, It's not what you're thinking.

Running the great risk of sounding something other than strictly hetero....

I am talking about a new lotion on the market. Personally I HATE LOTION. But my wife yells at me all the time for have ashy, rough, and calloused skin.

The hospital I work at recently adopted this new lotion and I have since purchased a tube for my self.

SoftGUARD: The Extra-Strength Barrier Hand Cream

1. Fragrance Free: SoftGUARD is fragrance free because fragrances are a common allergen and irritant.

2. Alcohol Free: SoftGUARD does not contain ethyl alcohol or propyl alcohol, which are skin irritants. The hand cream does contain cetyl alcohol, but this is completely unrelated to the typical alcohols mentioned above. Cetyl alcohol is a ?fatty alcohol? derived from coconut oil. It has no drying affect on the skin. In fact, it is an emollient that soothes and softens the skin.

3. Shelf Life: 3 years. SoftGUARD is considered a cosmetic and is not required to have an expiration date.

4. pH Balanced: SoftGUARD is pH balanced with the skin.

5. Animal Testing: SoftGUARD is NOT tested on animals.

6. Cationic: SoftGUARD does carry a charge.

7. Non-Greasy: SoftGUARD is non-greasy. SoftGUARD does not cause interference with the hand?s grip, it is immediately absorbed.

8. USDA: SoftGUARD is acceptable as a hand cream in official establishments operating under the Federal meat, poultry, shell egg grading & egg products inspection programs ? limited to use in toilet & dressing rooms. Those who handle edible products can only use when leaving the plant.

9. FDA: The FDA does not require that we list ingredients because SoftGUARD is considered a cosmetic. For proprietary reasons we choose not to list them.

http://vwrlabshop.com/vwr-softguard-extra-...ream/p/0008951/

***If you try this stuff you will want to buy stock in the company. It is a very good product. And to be quite frank, I dont feel any less of a man using it. LOL. It is far better than the smelly alternatives laying all over the house. Hell, even the hand soap at each sink smells a bit girly.

All in all, this is a great product for both, women and men.

I have to agree, mixing Kids & war for humor, is bad taste. There is

humor and then there's warped humor and then, well the outer edges

of humor, where this sits close.

I understand what Medic is saying and he's right, if a relative passes

and someone puts up a humor video of terminal sick people & family,

it strikes the wrong chord.

Goes to show how some make humor videos with no limits to the content.

I guess humor is defined by the one who recieves it. I personally thought it was kind of funny, seeing it as a parody of "take your daughter to work day" and not a joke about comat or war. But I can also see others' points of view now too. The Onion can be funny at times, and repulsive too.

Yes, that is what amused me, the parody of the "take your daughter to work day" theme which runs counter to the basic job of the military -- doing the dirty work that most people take for granted. I can envision the same thing for police work -- taking your daughter to work busting crack houses. I don't think it's anti military, just rather absurd.

Sorry if it disappointed anyone. I'm sort of a South Park fan when it comes to humor. There's something silly about everything, especially the stuff in my world. As part of a government training program i run we show a short movie that is completely anti-government, but is really quite funny.

I guess I won't be linking the video of the seriously ill kid that bankrupted the "make a wish" foundation my making the wish to have unlimited wishes. :(

When i look at it i look at the fun and not the parody. It´s well made, the things they say is humorous and if i read something that i didn´t think was funny i would never comment on it cos it just makes the ones finding it funny defensive like now and that isn´t the idea.

Back to the lotion show!!!!!!!!