Spartans Home

Frontlines: Fuel of War

CSATerrorist

Hey Y'all. Just pre-ordered Frontlines, its a FPS put out by THQ and developed by Kaos Studios. It comes out on the 25 of Feb. so i will let yall know how it goes and if its worth buying or not...but i think it will be.

Here is the link to know more about the game...

Frontlines Site

Still very glitchy but all in all a fun game. Really like the teamplay aspect. Several guys on a TS or Vent seryer squadded up can rule a map in no time. That's how I like to play. Really like the look of CoD4 but the run and gun has really made the game stale for me. Just my $.02.

Slugger

• 2 weeks later...

ok i am a little overdue but here is my little review on a rather awesome/dissapointing multiplayer game...WARNING!! my own bias might show up, please disregard.

so i load the game and everything runs great and i have a moderate system, running a 32 bit dual core at 2.8 with dual overclocked 8600 GTs. So for most if not all of you guys this wont be a problem. Anyway the internet was down cause the didgital cable retards were working on it. So now you have to suffer through a singleplayer review first..

Singleplayer: Yeah so in short this was the amazingly fun part. The graphics on the game are great, we arent talking the next crysis here but it is an upgrade from COD4 and GRAW. The Campaign follows a reporter and blah blah blah you can look up the storyline later. Anyway every level has the player, with squad and sometimes without, capturing points. Its like a domination game like BF2 and similar ones except for the fact you have to take them over in a specific order. In the singleplayer its fine but in mulitplayer...well...i will get to that in a minute. The game progresses smoothly though and it will have you feeling like you are playing COD4 in the respect that unless you advance the enemies just keep coming and coming (unlike my ex-girlfriend) You have a limited number of spawns to use in capturing each point but you have a wide range of weapons to choose from. You can find rocket launchers and stuff around the map to help out against armor and stuff but you can only hold so many items. An interesting spin on the game is that like BF2 you can control vehicles and stuff but there is the addidtion of drones. they are remote control robots that actually make some parts easier. There are ones like a little helicopter with rockets that also self destructs and can kill any nearby enemies and little ones with miniguns on them that really mess the enemies up so bad that their momma says ouch. Other than the fact that you feel as if you are playing BF2 and you really arent, the single player will give you aprrox. 8 hrs of fun and might actually get you interested in the storyline you were already have to supposed to read about.

Multiplayer- I said it a million times but BF2, BF2, BF2. If you ever played it you will know what i mean. There is only one type of gameplay, capture the points, except you can only capture two at a time....wow the suck starts to begin...(but after thought it does help concentrate the fighting and people arent wandering the big levels looking for someone to shoot) Anyway, you open your little multiplayer menu, ok that was easy, type in your name, (oh thats me Terrorist) oh that was easy too!, ok that is where the easy ends. You enter the lobby, well it hard to read because the damn thing refreshes every like 5 seconds, no joke by the way this is serious time, and its hard to choose a game, so when you finally get in one you are starting to get angry. Now you are in your game and it automatically puts you on the team you need to be on to keep it equal. ok now choose your weapon options. wow five options....that sucks...ok assualt sounds good, nade launcher is stock and weapons arent customizable. Now you get to choose your special ability, similar to the perk system in COD4. you can choose to control airstrikes or remote drones or other bullshit that really isnt that cool or useful. ok i choose airstrike, choose my spawn point. alright im in the game running across the map. huff huff, where is everybody? oh wait there is a guy, he is running, scope in and shoot at him, you hit him (barely though the guns are hella inaccurate) but he doesnt die he runs off and hides. well that sucks lets follow him. You blow up.....um ok well respawn....ok running back across the map..huff huff..see anybody? nope...oh guess what? you blew up again out of nowhere. At this point its has happened like 684654654 times and it is really getting old. but then after playing and finally being able to kill people after a while you realize whats happening...people are shooting you with grenade launchers at long range and dropping airstrikes on you. you try it, they dodge it and shoot you like once and you are dead and the whole time the game is going on in the upper left corner is this tiny itsy bitsy little print coming up telling you who is killing who and you cant read a damn word of it. and while you are trying to dechiper it with your orphan annie secret decoder (A Christmas story refernce, Drink more ovaltine! but i digress...) you blow up again. At this point, you, or me in my case, throw your cordless keyboard across the room and drive at high speeds around your neighborhood aiming the front of your truck at the very young, elderly, and disabled. Well the driving part didnt happen but i was pissed and i had to wait a whole day to get back on. SO lets talk about the vehicles....Tanks-easy to drive....drones-easy to pilot...heliucopters-good jesus h. christ....i think i would rather mix concrete while signing complicated insurance forms (yes i stole that from monty python). The helicopters are incredibly hard to pilot and landing is scientifically proven to be impossible. so here is what happen. some brave guy jumps in the pilot seat and like 5 other guys get in including you. the guy somehow gets off the ground and flies in a zig zag line both side to side and up and down. once you are over the target the pilot jumps out of the helicopter and activates his parachute (yeah you get to use one for long falls) So you and 5 other guys look at each other in theis helicopter and decide leaving might be a good idea so you all leave too. while floating to the ground you see the helicopter crash in a fiery ball. you finally land on the ground, you get out your gun and guess what happens? come on jsut guess. yep you guessed right. You blow up.

OK so in review of my review i see im actually more ranting then anything else so yeah. too bad. if you enjoyed this review/rant though and found it a little helpful please let me know so i can maybe do another in the future. But if you hated it and think it was all bullshit please also let me know so i can go outside without the fear of blowing up.