Spartans Home

Elite Dangerous

GySgt~SPARTA~

Nothing in comparison to upcoming Star Citizen, but if viewed against EVE Online, it may be good. Like EVE, you never get out of your ship from what I saw.

That said, this looks to be an enjoyable game if you don't want to get out of your ship. It is an MMO.

• 1 month later...

Nothing in comparison to upcoming Star Citizen, but if viewed against EVE Online, it may be good. Like EVE, you never get out of your ship from what I saw.

That said, this looks to be an enjoyable game if you don't want to get out of your ship. It is an MMO.

Personally I don't know how you qualify this statement as both games are in developement and by the time Star Citizen is released Elite will be well tried and tested and hopefully bug free. Don't get me wrong I am involved in both and will play both but Star Citizen is way behind in the playability stakes at the moment and also needs a LOT of optimisation before it is playable at max settings.

They want another £30 just to play the beta, but having seen some of the footage, I am sorely tempted!!!

Well worth it mate, great fun, very stable (for me at least) and challenging enough to keep the interest up.

Thanks Dai. I've been watching a scottish bloke's youtube videos of the beta, funny stuff. The whole docking sequence just about has me hooked on it's own! I like how it has proper battles unlike Eve Online, but I wish, or hope, they develop flight right down on to the surface of planets, that's the breakthrough Im waiting for. Rodina does that but the graphics are 1980.

The graphics in this are awesome, really excited for this game.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I play on triple screen with TrackIR and Voiceattack fully configured and it certainly is immersive. I even have random conversations set up with 'Betty' (my flight computer) who can be a bit touchy sometimes.

Haha very cool Dai.

So, this TrackIR business, what's that all about. I read somewhere that you can use your playstation eye fro tracking in Elite Dangerous?

Alos, how do you connect 3 monitors if you GFX card has only two HDMI outs?

Haha very cool Dai.

So, this TrackIR business, what's that all about. I read somewhere that you can use your playstation eye fro tracking in Elite Dangerous?

Alos, how do you connect 3 monitors if you GFX card has only two HDMI outs?

No Idea about the Playstation side mate but TrackIR works fantastic in game.

What GFX card you got mate? I have a 770 and have two connected to the DVI's and one connected to the HDMI. I'm going to get another smaller one connected to the other HDMI for info stuff such as Teamspeak, Gadgets etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

:bleh:

From the newsletter this week...

After the 16th December we will continue to update with more polish and content such as the playable ships we committed to in our Kickstarter campaign – in fact I’m delighted to be able to tell you that we are now planning to eventually have 30 playable ships in Elite: Dangerous, 5 more than we committed to in Kickstarter. And most exciting of all, we will start the work on a longer term roadmap that includes getting you up out of your pilot’s seats and out of your starships.

Edited by Rocky

Nice videos mate, I can't record any more since Nvidia took the bloody Shadowplay out for widescreen.

I wish they would fix some of the bugs tbh like not enough weapon groups, and my pet hate as a bounty hunter - "oh dear, look at that, that idiot Security pilot just flew between me and my target, I hit him with ONE shell from my multicannon and now I'M the bad guy with a fine and every available policeman trying to crawl up my ass.

Nice videos mate, I can't record any more since Nvidia took the bloody Shadowplay out for widescreen.

I wish they would fix some of the bugs tbh like not enough weapon groups, and my pet hate as a bounty hunter - "oh dear, look at that, that idiot Security pilot just flew between me and my target, I hit him with ONE shell from my multicannon and now I'M the bad guy with a fine and every available policeman trying to crawl up my ass.

Yeh similar thing happened in that video, although I suppose, isn't that pretty realistic for the fog of war? Does that mean you are a villain with a bounty for there on in though - that would suck.

I'm excited and depressed in equal measures, excited by the exellence of this game and depressed at the amount of time I don't have to play it to it's fullest. I'll be making the most of quick start guides and tutorial videos etc thats for sure, need to flatten out this learning curve in quick time.

Edited by Rocky

I don't mind getting a warning or even a small fine (even though THEY are the ones moving in front of me while I'm engaging a target). But to immediately become 'Wanted' and have all local security forces (not to mention Stations) opening fire on me is crazy.

Your not telling me it's too hard to write a small loop that would differentiate between a random FF incident and a sustained attack.

Everytime I watch a video it just reinforces how little I know of the game, and how much more there is to explore. I have been system mapping recently which is lucrative, but I am useless at the trading lark, and I need to focus on price watching and trading routes.

I haven't managed to do any mining yet, and I am certainly staying away from bounty hunting, I reckon I would last about 3ms against even the most basic of harmless npc. I know I failed tutorial 101 on fighting. Has anyone any recommendations for a trading route run I can try and milk?

If you thought Elite was already immersive enough, you ain't see nothing yet. I swear I would actually be in space if I had this rig.

To save u the search, those 3 HD projectors are £500 each.

Edited by Rocky