Spartans Home

Origin Account Hacked

Zeno~SPARTA~

I dont use Origin very much so apart from checking out shift 2 a few months ago I havent accessed the account. Day before yesterday I decided to have a bash at Shift 2 again and it said "invalid account" or some such when it tried to go online.

So I checked my emails and unfortunately on Oct 5 there was a name change, which I had missed.

Yesterday I spent a bit of time on livechat with EA and a helpful guy listened to my case and said I needed to speak to someone on the phone, he gave me a telephone number and case number, which I phoned today.

Another helpful guy verified who I was and within 30 minutes sorted it all out. I can tell you the thieving ****** ****** ******* ******* ***** was a ******* ******* russian.

I asked how he could have got my password since it is not that easy or obvious, he told often it comes about from logging into fake battlelog or stat sites. It may be true, I did do a bit of stat whoring. Anyway all is well now.

The only problem is that shift 2 will not let you edit the login so the only solution is to delete the local save file. You can find saves online with all cars and a bunch of money, but my career (76%) is gone, my car setups are all gone too. So its a ball ache.

I dont like origin but I cannot fault the helpfulness of the people I spoke to.