Spartans Home

Shooting Range Mission

custard~SPARTA~

I have opened up the editor and had a look at the toys to play with very nice.

Has anybody started a shooting range? - Did a search on BIS nothing found

I plan to make a Playground mission with all the toys to play with and things like a shooting range, vehicles, parachuting practice area etc.

Using Altis West of the Airbase is a hill with military buildings I was going to place the range there any better suggestions?

Salt Flats for the win perfect. 50M to 600M a target every 50M and every 100M after up to 2K this sound ok?

With Arma II the max target was at 2000M is that ok for Arma III?

My look at the Editor was very brief and I did not see how to use 3D (please tell me it made the release).

I was not planing to use the Virtual Ammo Box is that a mistake would you like it?

Zeno mentioned there is stuff that it would be nice to practice with, tell me what needs to be in and I will put it in the first version.

There will be two versions vanilla and one with any mods our community uses in there missions.

Edited by custard~SPARTA~

This is the one I was thinking about, saw it in the Steam Workshop:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=176108627&searchtext=target+range

Not sure if it covers everything you want but reads as if it's pretty comprehensive.

Thanks mate just what I was looking for to steal use for inspiration

Must be dumb I cannot see how to download it from Steam and I cannot find it on Armaholic - still looking

Thanks mate just what I was looking for to steal use for inspiration

Must be dumb I cannot see how to download it from Steam and I cannot find it on Armaholic - still looking

On the relevant Workshop page, click the "subscribe" button, it will then download. If you have Arma running in the background you will need to restart for the mission to register.

Got it thanks, It will be a help but I do not like the way he has set the shooting range up way to haphazard. Given me lot's of help tho thanks.

I have the shooting position setup with targets almost perfect out to 2200M. Ran into a problem with the Laser Designator up to 1500 it works perfectly but over that it is squify and doesn't read distance properly I hope this is nothing to do with the salt flats.

Also does anyone have a copy of the Arma II playground mission I made I cannot find a copy anywere on my machine.

Thanks.

Ta Zeno that is a great help.

More than a bit pissed off at myself at the mo all the work I did ACEing up Lighty's missions and the playground stuff I did on Chernarus is gone it was supposed to be with all my old GRAW and COD stuff but it aint.

A (I hope) playable version is uploaded to the Mission Editing (quiet please) channel in TS3.

Choose the first Marksman for the most accurate positions of the pop up targets, out too 250M one style target every 300M there is a different style to help guage distance quick without using a Laser Designator.

A couple of the targets position need tightening up the players kits and a single purpose made ammo box will be in the next version along with some teleports and toys on the base.

Version 002 is in the same TS channel.

Teleports working - borrowed from Balistic's Range -

3 Players useable all with Laser Designator, spawn at base goto Whiteboard and choose location.

Virtual Ammo Box at spawn working.

I have not tested the respawn to see if it works yet.

Only one vehicle at each location I have yet to sort a respawn script for vehicles.

Next version will have all vehicles with respawn script.

Done ready in next version mate.

I am using the vehicle redrawn script from our mission on the US server, is there a preference for a different script? If I remember correctly MH6 wrote one should I use that?

New version 003 in editing channel TS

Teleport from whiteboards (new locations added)

4 playable units all with Laser Designator

Shooting range with Virtual Ammo Box added

All Land Air and Water vehicles added with respawn script ( 60 sec respawn on destruction 5 minutes on being abandoned)

Statics weapons and UAVs added

TODO next range for throwing frags etc and GLs

Requests?

New version 005 in editing channel TS

Added playable units up to 10

Added OPFOR targets NE of base

Moved spawn and UAV/UGV location

Added Vehicle and Aircraft rearm repair points (nicked from our TAC DOM mission)

Any more requests?

FTAO anyone that does not know were it goes

C:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions

New version 006 in Editing channel (FTR all the old files were gone TS update?)

UAVs moved to same position as on the TACDOM mission the team are working on, I have also prettied up the location with grass cutters etc

Land vehicles separated into factions with map markers and the location moved

Added overwatch teleport for Lasering OPFOR targets

Added HALO flag for parachute practice, you do not need to pick up a chute the script puts one on your back

ATM it appears you lose any backpack your carrying so it's no use for missions but at least we can practice for when they fix it

Helos tidied up and separated into factions unmarked because there are so few

Misc tidy ups

I have noticed on a test after upload that although all the playable units have Laser Designators they do not have batteries, there is a Virtual Ammo crate at almost every teleport location. On my todo list.

• 2 weeks later...

New version 007 in Mission Editing Channel, last one had been removed from file browser AGAIN

UAV area grass cutters replaced with Tent Hangar

Misc tidy ups

Do you remember when you last uploaded? I am trying to remember if we moved the TS after your last one, as no files came across.

No idea mate could have been before move to US server, FTR this version is good enough to host on server as long as there would be no impact on any others we wanted to run. I spent over one hour just trying different weapons and sorting out kits with the Virtual Ammo Box I am sure others would want to do the same without bothering those on the missions proper.