Spartans Home

New vid card ordered

Well good old Athlon has been thinking of a new vid card for some time now. And wanting a 680 or a 580 at $389 looked more at the 570s for $289 and 560s. found a GeForce GTX 560 Superclocked Video Card - 2GB, GDDR5, PCI-Express 2.0 (x16), 2x Dual-Link DVI-I, Mini for $189 and could not pass that up at that price is fricken fantastic. So ordered one with free shipping. That deal can't be beat only if it were stolen. I think it will be a great improvment over my old 8800 i have been running for a few years now. I will see how well it works. Its a EVGA, i really don't like evga, i like XFX mfger. but xfx has kind of swiched over to the Radion series of cards now so mfgers are kind of limmited as to whats good. Or what is called FIRST TIER mfger type card. I don't know if EVGA is a 1st tier mfger card. I know that Zotac and sparkle are some of the sub brand cards or 2nd tier mfger made with lower grade componets on the board. So awaiting this thing to arrive and plug it in to see what all the fuss is about. I think it will run GRAW 3 real good. Read articles on this card and 2 of them in sli will beat a 580 in some games. Can't wait! Hell, back in the day paid more for a gtx7600 card.

I like the fact that it has over 2 gig of ddr5 ram that makes a difference so it doesen't have to cash for more ram when needed. and sence im not a million air good price.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Well after i get it, i think i will swich to road runner lighting again to get somewhat back competive in the game again. I might order up a water cooler for this old AMD 6400+ black edition C.P.U and clock her up some, seemed to do well in the past with it.

Sweet! hopeing this super clocked one will scream as well with 2048 of vid ram should be good. I love the price. I wanted to get the Batman Arkhem edition 580 for 389. but Have to wacth the money right now. This 560 has more ram then the 580.

And can allways rewrite the cards bios to any outher 560 model out there. Or over clock the super clock as well. I might want to go water on it as well. Or rewrite the bios completly changing 3-d throttle up and top end mem and clock speeds. If it blows im only out 189 and not 389 or 600 for the 680

Been eyeing the trermaltake big water system.

Been running my amd 6400+ at stock default sence build along with 8800gts 640 and it sure kicked butt on past games as many may recall.

Might want to click it up some.

Coupled up on road runner lighting could do some real damage

Tig weld some crome exhaust pipes on it as well. LOL!!!!

Dam, then ile have to dragg it out to the shop and do metel flake old school flames on the sides.

That is a very good card, congrats.

Besides the fact you may want to go water for your CPU, evaluate the fact that on newer tech, with last generation cards, you may have your bottleneck on your CPU performances anyway, and Speed is not the only factor.

Sure it depends on what games are you going to play and how they will use resources, but actually Dual cores are getting short on delivery whenmatched with last gen Videocards.

GPU and CPU as you know work together anyway, therefore a sub-par CPU will pull the reins of your newer GPU. I am sure you will see improvement from your 8800, but what I am saying is that before handling GPU BIOS, going GPU OC and so on, you should put a comparable CPU to keep up the game rolling.

My 2c...

Ya, have been conserting new board and cpu and ram as well. Maybe soon, we will see how this performs and then deside. Im a AMD fan to the end, so im waiteing for more in the 8 core bulldozer series to arrive, and order the first one that defeats the intell $1000 chip. Wicth will probley the next model out if the currant one out now won't. It probley will, clocked up some. I want one that does it on default setting.

Of coarse all the reviews out there were mostly all done with eveything on auto settings in bios, wicth is really no comparsion anyway, not haveing set the cpu core voltage and ram timeings, no wonder the scores were not that great, done buy some jerk off claiming to be the computer review sight of the planet, of wicth they should be beat to death with the motherboards they are trying to test, they are probley lucky to get any of them to post to begin with. I will beleve a fully trained, certifyed, test engineer on a good review, not some 20 year old "X" xbox gamer Wankers that progressed to pc gamers claiming to be. So when someone says Well toms hardware "says". Thats a prime example that toms don't know there butt from a hole in the ground in the first place. I find myself insulted reading such garbage from such inexperanced and none trained morons in the industey.

I have contested toms hardware claims of being experts after one of their HAPPY reviews on a video card steered me wrong in the past, from their happy review, caused a burnt up mobo and 2 vidcards ended up costing me money and time missed RMAing waiting for new componets to arrive due to their missed claimes, or BOZO reviews. They woulden't even answer my email. of wicth I should have sued that group of morons.

Any CLOWN or BOZO that can dowload and install sandra soft and some of the outher test programs all think they are the test gurus. YA, RIGHT!

My duel core will preform as good as any quad core in the same class due to pci buss on the board is the same on most all boards.

Well,

I do not trust "reviewers" in full. First of all i do believe everything is business.. many of them get the card to be "reviewed" as test hardware. Some of them get sponsored by manufacturers... I still have to see reviewes crucifying reall issues on hardware.

If there is something wrong, they will tell you "half truth" but they will rarely kill a product. They would end their glorifying "reviewers" career in a snap.

With that said, i do believe in our word as "Friends on line". If I ask your experience hereon the Forum, i possibly expect an unbiased answer.. or if is biased, lol.. just let me know :0 it s all good :) Bottom line, i don t expect we are lieing to each other :)

I do believe there are differences in architecture and CPU performances going above and beyond the pure and simple Speed and PCI Bus performances (which however belongs to the MB model you use).

I am pretty sure if i take my 6970 from my i7 920 and i put it for a test on my Core2Duo E6850 downstairs, if I benchmark Batman Arkham City (just to make a name) at the same top quality settings I run it on the i7... I am pretty sure is not gonna give me the same FPS.

Do you agree on this?

If you do, that s it. No more no less. I don t need a computer engineer to explain me why, because possibly I don teven fully care. I just know "It is".

So, as I said, besides review more or less qualified, you are getting an excellent videocard on a quite old machine. Sure your machine works and probably works very well. My E6850 downstairs works flawlessy.

A great card on an old machine sounds to me as "racing tires" on a car able to make possibly 90 - 100 mph. You are not racing at that speed, you are cruising ;)

Well yes, but you talking ddr2 compaired to ddr3 board and thats is a difference just like ddr1 to ddr2 is only 8% difference so i have never heard how much in % difference between 2&3. Also your talking AMD to intell as well. So a little differences there at this present time soon to change. Asus has come out with DDR 3 boards along with everybody else for the AMD bulldozer series first 8 core cup out that daybued not long ago So the gap is closing rapidly soon to be a tight clinch on that deal.

And it will be back to rather if you like ford or chevy again.

Ya im still running mine, And it runns great still. over clocked the crap out of it and keeps on ticken like a clock. I think its the XFX mfger that makes a big difference there.

Most eveybody that had them burnt up a wile back. If you buy quality it lasts, and give it good cooling.

I hope im not going to be dissapointed in EVGA, the warranty sucks right off the batt. I useally won't buy anything unless it has life time warranty like XFX has. So if it is a piece of crap, they will hear about it you can bet your life on that. Tired of what i call cheap chink crap trying to be passed off as good stuff. We the consumers have had enough of that grabb your money and runn thing. Ile tape it to a claymore and mail it back to them. LOL!!!!

Well it finely showed up at the front door, i installed it and fired it up. installed new drivers, night and day from my old 8800 to this 560 super clk. Graw 2 all i have to say is WOW!!!! cranked it up in hi deff 1080p FANTASTIC for $189

Ran into the digital and analog desplay problem again with this monitor, may have to get new monitor some time soon

Ran into the digital and analog desplay problem again with this monitor, may have to get new monitor some time soon

need to go analog first (+cable)then install driver and turn into digital (switch cable)

some drivers don't allow good digital (try some other )

and may i say nice have fun with it (560)

Solved the problem buy running 2 cables to the monitor. One from p/c to dvi analog and in second port of vid card to dvi to hdmi for hideff 1080. and swich between the to for regular 2 d desk top and then shift the monitor to hdmi for hideff gameing. Dam im smart!

Well IM thinking about getting the ASUS formula 5 board or the thunderbolt, and 2133 mhz ddr3 ram, with a ssd 240 hhd. The cool thing is i can runn my 6400+ on it untill i get 8150 cpu. Still just thinking about it. don't know yet. My luck is i buy all that stuff and 1week later ddr4 will come out. Go figure right?