Spartans Home

SSD fresh install - Win 7 from USB

Batwing~SPARTA~

Yeah guys! Here we are! .... That moment is finally arrived.

Unpacked my Samsung 830 from under the Xmas tree, mounted inside Frankle (friendly name for my PC, from Frankenstine, due to the multiple transformationit went thru), and then zipped thru a 12 minutes fresh Win 7 install.

Now for the first time in a few years I have a "virgin" machine!

Oufff it will be quite painfull rebuild everything and be back online fully operative, but I ll make it!

See you later!

Nice I just reloaded ArmA2 on my system and it has been up a couple of months...haha it takes awhile to reload everything.

Only 187 gb free on main HD of 297 so I will Format old WD hd and start adding games to it.

Next step Batwing is all the darn Win patches ect. that will take a good day for ya and lots of rebooting.... :)

Yeah guys! Here we are! .... That moment is finally arrived.

Unpacked my Samsung 830 from under the Xmas tree, mounted inside Frankle (friendly name for my PC, from Frankenstine, due to the multiple transformationit went thru), and then zipped thru a 12 minutes fresh Win 7 install.

Now for the first time in a few years I have a "virgin" machine!

Oufff it will be quite painfull rebuild everything and be back online fully operative, but I ll make it!

See you later!

have fun guys while it lasts

Hey I got an SSD too, but have put off major installation for a few weeks now. Now that I have some time, I was wondering how you do most of the installing on the programs? Are there any special things you have to do in Windows7 to make sure non-essential stuff goes to your storage HDD? I've been choosing "custom install" for all my programs, but I get the feeling I should also be doing something else to make sure only the OS is on C: drive.

Hey Durka,

I think you first need to have the "theory" clear and then you move to "action".

OBJECTIVES:

1 - having OS on C ( SSD)

2 - having Hi-Performance programs / games on C

3 - having all of the rest on Storage D

In order to do that every time you install something you have to use "custom" options or at least be sure you are choosing to install on D

If you fail that you are failing the main porpoise for your SSD, and of course your small SSD would be full in 10 minutes.

Also you should be sure to "move" all of the file folders - docs, pics, movies etc - permanently on D. You may also consider to modify the Temp variables in Win to point to a temp folder on D.

This way your setting should be close to optimal