Spartans Home

Your favorite upcoming mods,islands and missions

EL_n00biachi

Hey guys just wanted to open a thread where you could post the mods,islands and missions that you've been eyeballing for some time to share with the rest of us :)

To start...check this one out....its one of those "Why did BIS never think of this" or "This should be in the vanilla game" mods. ha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vklOq6KFQy4&feature=player_embedded#at=392

Really ???

This game offers this kind of flexibility and BIS never introduced it into the game ?????

WTF !!!!!!!

I am amazed and pissed at the same time. Sure, it is a bit complicated to remember all of the combinations to get those moves, but I think you print out a quick sheet at first and then is all a matter to get used to it.

That should be a must for any ACE engagement.

I am not gonna get this MOD if it will not be embraced by the community, but my vote for it is a Big YES ! :)

As far as i know even the AI thats part of your team can do the new animations,i see no reason why it would be pvp only.......ill test this some more today....but pls post the mods n stuff you yourself are tracking!

Just did some more testing,even the AI in the AO's take over the new animations...including combat-rolls lol.........its a bit buggy and i dont see it on the SPARTA servers anytime soon...but its got great potential!

As far as i know the server and the client have to run the mods,im surprised you could even get on the SPARTA server with an alien mod loaded up.

Anyway,after over a 100views i guess no one really looks for mods,islands and missions.

I have, but there's not a lot that interest me right now. Most of the islands are garbage. I don't really look for missions as I don't play them too often. Haven't found too many stand-out mods either.

I'm currently tracking "Fields of War: Normandy 1.00 and beyond":

BIS page

It aims to cover much of the Battle of Normandy and is still very much a work in progress. The authors seem pretty enthusiastic and hardworking and have a keen interest in keeping things historical.

Here's a map of the area they want to cover, it looks like it'll be quite a task:

normandy2_project.jpg

From the modder's posts it looks like they're quite read up on the subject material and are wanting to recreate the key locations and hardware as accurately as possible by reference to aerial photos and literature etc. They're looking to include units with the insignia of the 1st Polish armoured division so hopefully it should be possible to recreate some of the less well know but extremely interesting operations like Operations Totalize and Tractable.

I'm unsure when the mod is going to be released, I fancy it won't be this year though.