Spartans Home

digital compass - red not white

Lightspeed~SPARTA~

hi guys

got tired of the hard-to-see white digital compass so changed it to red - http://www.zshare.net/download/89048285e748766f/

just replace the original pbo with this one.

But wait! When I get shot, I won't be able to see the compass because you know how the screen turns red, like some sort of jelly has been splashed on it, and you have to find a corner to hide in until you heal up? That's going to make it hard to see, so....oh. Wait. This is for Arma, isn't it?

actually - i just had a thought about this some more.

now i have the colour change sorted i am thinking to improve its use i might colour code each quadrant.

so you could have a northerly direction as blue for example (315 - 45 degrees) and diff colours for each quadrant. so you could kwikly give rough direction in relation to your position....thoughts?

My DC changes colour already, at least red & blue. Always wondered why, any ideas?

You have the COLORIZATION option enabled. That allows the DC compass to change color based on N-NE-E-SE-S-SW-W-NW markers only.

All NE-SE-SW-NW = one color

All N-S-E-W = Another color

If not on these bearings = White

Edited by Hajimoto

yeah what Haji is saying is you have to be looking at exactly the bearing 0 - 45 - 90 - etc to see a color and the color is the same no matter you look n-s-w-e or nw-ne-se-sw so not really helpful

i have now color coded each quadrant so you wont need compass to know if you are heading n s e or w. and if a bearing reference is not worth giving to a player who is 100 meters from your position, you could just use a reference like contact is nth of my position, etc

EBE - I was in channel with Lighty the other day and we got to talking and I tossed out the same wish request and as one would expect, he already was hot on the trail of trying to find a work around. In a futile attempt to assist Lighty, I am currently trying to isolate the portion of the code that deals with image placement for that very reason. I have hacked a few areas of the script with no success but refuse to accept defeat!

I also thought, how cool would it be to grab the portion of code/script from vehicles that has the bearing strip at the top..... now that would be cool, again Lighty is working on that as well with another enhancement that adds the quadrant name below the bearing........ dude is all over this smack!

I am very anxious to see the end result

So.. thx so much first of all.. then.. my ignorance..

This is a PBO file, not an @Folder I am used to.. ho do I use it?

Also, the old DC has a Client file on UserConfig folder to set some stuff, what about this one? do I have to delete the old file ?

INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE ! :)

So.. thx so much first of all.. then.. my ignorance..

This is a PBO file, not an @Folder I am used to.. ho do I use it?

Also, the old DC has a Client file on UserConfig folder to set some stuff, what about this one? do I have to delete the old file ?

INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE ! :)

Simply rename your current DC.PBO that is in your @DC folder to DC_OLD.PBO, then place this new one in the folder.

As for the userconfig folder changes, simply edit the file "DCSettings.hpp" so that the entry that controls colorization is enabled like this:

"#define __treshold_colorize 1" (minus the quotes of course)

Thats it, you are all set!

ENJOY!

big break through tonite!!

i have been struggling to figure out how to reposition the compass and knew the answer lay in the config.bin but changes to the file proved fruitless.

then i realised the .bin was a packed file and changes to this file just corrupted it.

now i have unpacked it and will work on it tomorrow nite - i know what needs to be changed, just have to play with it to get the perfect spot.

my goal - to sit it just above the STHud and below the weapons view so you can give bearings without having to take your eyes away from where you're aiming.

stay tuned. i will not be denied!