Spartans Home

We shall Not Forget ! ! !

Halli~SPARTA~

Nice post Halli. I asked around work today if anyone knew what today was and noone could answer me. I was getting kinda pissed off. Fortunately one of the Docs I work with is a Ret. Lt Col. He and I talk about military stuff and shooting all the time. The first thing he said to me when he walked passed my desk was "Come here I need to talk to you." I thought at first, I was in trouble for something but I knew I havent done anything wrong.

He simply wanted to have a moment of silence and a few words with a fellow vet and honor Pearl Harbor. I really appreciated it. I kinda felt alone all morning till he came in.

Its a better but somber day.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

My dad was a LT colonel in the Army Air core 351 bomb group in england in WW2 he commanded a bomb wing. And got shot up twice. He servived it and went on later transfered to air cargo. After being permoted to full bird colonel. He set up all the cargo routes into north africa and helped chase Rommal out. And this is what they did. They took care of bissness!!! Wish I was there

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

It's a shame history is so underated. All the lessons of the past are often ignored, then mistakes are repeated. Politicians should be obliged to undergo a thorough course in pivotal moments in domestic and international history.

Many think it's boring or uncool, I think its important to remember (for many reasons).

These allied forces fought and died to protect the free world we live in today. Just emagin if we lost ww2 it would be a total different world today. Like goose stepping to work or bonzing down the freeway. Don't take everything for granted, Dont take everything so lightly, Don't be so dam politicly correct and worrie about hurting their poor little feelings. Given the chance, they would attack us all again, and are a sleeping nemsis forced to be this way becouse they were defeated. This 2nd gereraton removed from ww2 HAS forgoten what its like to have to duck and cover under nukeular threat. Our freedom is priceless. I won't forget it like outhers have. Sorry, I feel very strongly about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t32NdpPDVCI...feature=related

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~