Spartans Home

The in-theater films of 2011

MedicSN6

I'm hoping that "The Adjustment Bureau" will be good flick. "Inception" was my favorite film of 2011; I could always go for another sci-fi flick that promises to mess with my head.

Speaking of Inception, I have been wondering why people thought this film was difficult to follow or understand. I thought it was fairly straightforward. Any thoughts?

Speaking of Inception, I have been wondering why people thought this film was difficult to follow or understand. I thought it was fairly straightforward. Any thoughts?

Well, you do have to pay attention; it's not for the ADHD, text-message-during-the-movie crowd. And the outcome of the plot is open to interpretation, so the lack of an ending that tidies everything up and beats you over the head with an explanation will leave some viewers unsatisfied.

The primary reason, however, is that people are stupid. :MSNWINK:

I would have agreed that it was straight forward after watching it the first time. However, after reading a few of the theories about it online and watching it again, it could be argued that there is a possibility that there is more to the story than what you first catch. For example, one running theory is that the "inception" was not performed by Cobb on Fischer. Some believe that Ariadne performed an inception on Cobb himself. You know, to make him let go of Mal. But, I'm already running late for my Super Bowl party, so I shall have to cut it short there.

Gives you something to contemplate.

- JHunter