Spartans Home

Lingor Bugs - need support

Batwing~SPARTA~

Ok, just to start i want to say I tested these issues on the standard takistany map and everything is working fine.

I use the exact same config (MODs etc.) with lingor, only difference is of course the Lingor files.

My problems:

- Engineer:

1 - For some reason my name does not display on the map, just my blu marker - tested with ironspy, is a matter related to the engineer class. when he switches to the class, he got the same issue.

2 - Flying choppers as Engineer: When I start flying a brand new chopper i have no problems, Lock and fire and possibly my missiles go on target. If i get damaged and i go back to repair, after repairs I will sill be able to lock on targets but all of my missiles will fly straight, unguided.

If I get a brand new chopper it will work fine till the first repair or reload.

Flying as any other class is not giving me the issue.

- Any other class and Engineer:

I cant use the Chopper repair pad. It doesn t activate. It looks like Noobiachi has the same problem. Possbility other people also has it but never reported.

As said before, I double checked my config and therse options are working totally fine on the standard Takistan map, therefore i assume is something on Lingot.

Any help is very welcome :)

The only way I have to service is building my own farp with the Salvage truck.

It is also way faster than the service pad.

Bad news today is that the problem is inconsistent. I was playing again the standard takistan map and I was not able to guide missiles to target after repair and rearm there too. Lock is ok but then they fly straight.

I am wondering if a better CBA may solve the issue. I d like to try the new one but I guess is not signed for the public server.

The missile problem is the only one I can replicate on Takistan. However is inconsistent. All of the other stuff is working fine on Takistan

I can never get a chopper or airplane to service...its like im not there...sometimes the chopper service works if i land on it a zillion times up n down...but the jetservice just wont work for me,usually just get an ammotruck out.

It doesnt really bother me since its not as extreme as Batwings problems right now.......but me being a medic capable of repairing stuff and building a farp.....yeah....thats not right,there are some strange things on Lingor lol...somewhere smokey fudged something up with the conversion im sure.

Im using CBA2.0.

Edited by EL_n00biachi

Alright guys, I had 4 hours test today, messing up with all possible combinations of MOD folders and i think I finally solved it !!!

I hope others having similar issues or any form of instability can have a solution from this as well.

As a final result I discovered that "for me" FThud and DC (digital compass) were the culprits.

As Zeno suggested i tested the game full vanilla, no mods at all. I tested frst on standard Takistan map. I removed the CBA as well.

So totally clean game everything works great and solid, no glitches whatsoever on Takistan.

Then still totally clean, not even CBA on Lingor, and totally perfect, no glitches, everything perfect. Chopper service working like a charm and no aiming issues, nothing.

Then I added CBA only and still flawless, Takistan and Lingor.

Then with CBA on I added FThud and BAM !! nothing works anymore !! No way to have the chopper service to work and aiming issues were back.

Then I removed FThud and put DC on and again, all sort of glitches.

Then i removed all again, removed CBA also (although not necessary) and the game is perfect again, both maps.

So, question is, do we know if exist any FThud and DC latest versions? maybe newer versions may solve these conflicts.

Actually i fully removed them and I m happy but can t use those useful features anymore.

Please, others having glitches, try to remove FThud and DC and see if that fix the issue. For what it matters, remove all of possible MODs and thest those 2 to see if you have any similar result.

I am curios to see if this is the final solution.

UPDATE:

Yeah, sthud new version supports Lingor as well, find it here:

http://dslyecxi.com/sthud.html

I got it and I will test, but Iam not sure if will work on servers, concerning signature. If not, Zeno may want authorize this?

EDIT:

Joy and total Happiness !!

New SThud is working perfectly and no more glitches ! and is working great on Lingor too, no more message "it is not scaled" :) yeahh ! :)

Edited by Batwing~SPARTA~

Bad news... Tonight playing with the other guys on Chernarus, using the new SThud, after a while I got the Glitch again. No chopper service and misguided missiles.

As removed SThud all went back to normal.

This sucks, because the new Hud is very nice and works great on Lingor.

What I can say tho is: If you are not an Attack Pilot or you may ask someone else to service your chopper for you, you will never notice these glitches and the new SThud is a must to have.

Another note is about DC (dig compass). I didnt find a replacement for it and I just had to removei, period.

Batwing, I'm not entirely sure DC is your problem. I've been playing with Digital Compass v1.0 since it came out have not encountered any of the problems you're having on any of the maps. Thats not to say it could not be causing your problems, I'm just not sure how or why it could cause you so much grief but cause me none. If I read your post correctly, you left your CBA running when testing with just the DC on. You do not need CBA to run DC, so you may try running it without CBA just to make sure.

- JHunter

good to know that, I will try it without CBA :)

EDIT:

Confirmed, DC without CBA is working fine, no glitch.

So, it looks like is a CBA issue when interacting with other components.

SThud needs the CBA, but the CBA by itself, withoout any component interacting with it, was not glitching.

I actually have the CBA 2, is there any other CBA I can use, at least to test ?

I will test a bit better on ACE, which is using a different CBA to see if I can use the Chopper service. I cannot test the missile guidance there because i cannot aim missiles as a pilot.

EDIT 2:

On ACE (using its own CBA version), SThud seems working fine. I made a very quick test so I can t say if later on something wrong will happen, but at first look i was able to use chopper service right away.

I notice chopper service glitch and aiming glitch go together, so i do assume if one of the 2 works, the other does it too.

If this is true it could really be a CBA issue at end.

Edited by Batwing~SPARTA~

Ok, thse is the newest CBA

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231

Vers 7.3 which is also the one linked from the SThud page on Armaholic. probably there is some incompatibility with the 2.0 CBA we are using at the moment.

I tried, but of course this CBA is not authorized on public server server, so may I ask if it can be authorized, at least as a testing porpouse ?

Thx :)