Spartans Home

SH4-patch up, memory issue.

Ebden~SPARTA~

I've crashed regularly in SH4, and I thought it was my machine being foolish until I caught the lag out on an alt-tab just in time. The game was using several Gigs of RAM! It takes an hour or so for it do to this, but I am inclined to patch-up to whatever the current is in the hopes of a fix.

Any players have similar problems?

i am not sure if this helps as i run the NON STEAM version of the game... and am running v1.4

i dont have much trouble with the after v1.4 but i remember that when i had v1.3 it was buggy as hell. if there is a way to go to version 1.4 for you it may resolve some issues

I run the steam version. I haven't time now, but at lunch I'll poke around the web to see if I can patch up the steam version to 1.4.

Or maybe the only way to do it with steam is to get the U-boat exp that bumps it to 1.5.

Why is this game so buggy? It doesn't seem terribly script-heavy (like ARMA2), since there isn't much going on relative to other games we play (or is there)?

@ Halli, have you tried the O'Kane targeting method? I read on it yesterday for the first time-the theory makes sense if the sub stays silent until firing.

I run steam version. No bugs that I have noticed. It does boot you from any game if you alt tab out though. I did experience my first crash on my 11th kill of the game last night, but otherwise not buggy at all. If you run v. 1.4 you won't be able to play with us unless we all patch to that. Steam patches things automatically usually, so perhaps 1.4 was a beta only and never approved?

I'd remove game from steam and reinstall, if I were you.

I'm with Cy, mine seems fine. I can even alt-tab, although if I stay out for too long it closes the server if I'm hosting or I lose connection to others servers.

Reinstall through STEAM.

With 1.3 I could enter training mission and do the convoy mission and take it out quick with decent precision but last night(this early am) I tried it like I had been doing it and whoa the Destroyers

would not leave me alone and did not make it easy to get shots as they were quicker to cut and turn so there may be a new learning curve for me.