Spartans Home

New sleek 8800

Athlon64~SPARTA~

IPB ImageWow new sleek 8800gt suppost to be more affordible.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_8800gt.html

Stream Processors 112

Core Clock (MHz) 600 MHz

Shader Clock (MHz) 1500 MHz

Memory Clock (MHz) 900 MHz

Memory Amount 512MB

Memory Interface 256-bit

Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec) 57.6

Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec) 33.6

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

What I am interested in most is nVidia coming up with a non-parallel SLi. Where you can used two different cards in the same series. say a 8600 GTS and a 8600 GT. or any 8600 card SLi with an 8800 card.

Would be very nice. its expensive to buy one top of the line card let alone two. And most people have to wait and save their money to buy the second card. By then a better card has come out adn they might want to buy that.

All I am saying is that it would be sweet. I am sure there are numerous reasons why this cant and wont be done. But a guy can dream cant he?

Ya I know, I went out and bought 2 7600gtxxx 256 cards $425 and then not long after that the 8800 came out really pissing me off. So then had to buy the 8800 and put the still new 7600gt in anouther machine thats just sitting on the shelf gathering dust.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Yeah but Crossfire sucks.

Maybe, but seven of the top ten scores in 3D Mark 06's "Hall of Fame" are with Crossfire mobos and 2900XTs. Only three are with SLI and 8800 Ultras.

Viiiper pointed that out to me awhile back when I was poopooing Intel for going with Crossfire for the mobos sporting their new X38 and P35 chipsets.

I know the feeling Athlon, I have a half descent rig sitting in my cupboard and i use it for putting my shoes on :) I might get the bad boy hooked up again and use it just for downloads. I am unsure, but I dont wana get rid of it incase something goes wrong with my main rig.

Sorry - hijacking post,

new 8800's woo! they are a good idea, I take it they will be cheaper? I read the link last week and have now forgot.

Not a big fan of AMD or ATI anymore. But hey thats just me with my opinion. Im sure all you ATI/AMD owners are very happy.

You looking into getting one of these then Punisher? what are you running at the moment?

I think we should make the "under the hood" topic again. WIth specs and pix of rigs. Would that be ok?

Edited by Krambo~SPARTA~