Spartans Home

National Airborne Day

Today is National Airborne Day. Although I was never Airborne qualified, I will remember in honor of my father (82nd Airborne) and the division I went to war with (101st). Since the unique idea of jumping out of perfectly airplanes was formed sometime just before WWII, the Airborne soldier has been one of the most unique, fiercest fighting, fastest moving troops on the battlefield.

"I was that which others did not want to be. I went where others feared to go. And did what others failed to do. I asked nothing from those who gave nothing, and reluctantly accepted the thought of eternal loneliness, should I fail. I have seen the face of terror, felt the cold sting of fear, and enjoyed the sweet taste of a moment of love. I have cried, pained and hoped, but most of all I have lived times others would say were best forgotten. At least someday I will be able to say I was proud of what I was!" - An Airborne Soldier

20070613agenda_2.jpg

Curahee: "We Stand Alone, Together"

capt.dv11511171658.iraq_dv115.jpg

Caption: US Army soldiers take rest during patrol in Baghdad suburb, Monday Nov. 17, 2003. U.S. forces have reacted to the increasing attacks in which dozens of Americans and their allies have died by mounting a massive show of force in central and northern Iraq. (AP Photo/Hadi Mizban)

Something I never did either but kudos to those who do, respect to all of them.

Agreed mate, a pity our parachute qualified in the UK is dropping to 160 max