Spartans Home

Crash Trucks

Athlon64~SPARTA~

You have seen on my sig Airport crash trucks and heres what they do. A really cool vehicle. Oskosh T 3000 series, with waterous 1800 gpm at 230 psi pumps run on a power devider 545hp from 8v 92 detroit diesel engines, and can pump and roll. They weagh in @48000 lbs and can go from 0 to 60 in 43 seconds and can traverse 40" of water and climb 30 degree incline. 3 trucks just shot 9,000 gallons of water or foam or drycem

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

As you can see It doesen't take a real long time for a airliner to flame up.

But as soon as the crash trucks arrive and foam it down it goes out quick. They were real slow to respond, not accepible to american crash truck responce times. These guys suck! still can't put it out all the way. Well there goes 200 million the plane is a total loss.

Well 2 minutes is really good responce time!. Even not real serious fire, they arrived in time to save it. But at 5 min like the outher vid is way to long a responce time.

This was called in buy the tower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9V6kX9MN0A&feature=related

I cannot believe how many of those ppl coming down the slides are carrying bags n stuff, they should have been fined.

Well testing has proven that once a fire is out side a aircraft, it will only be 90 seconds untill it will be inside it. The alumnuim skinn of most modern air craft is only 5052 alloy and is not that thick. Of coarse alumnuim has a low melting point 745 degrees or so and fire is 1200 degrees so it doesen't take that long to melt thru. Ya I like how the passengers are slideing down the chutes with their luggage and papers and crap. But once a energency is declared,and the alarm sounds at the station the crash trucks have 20 seconds to start and roll out of the station, 3 minutes to arrive anywhere in the airport buy FAA standards. Im sorry I know alot of you fly alot and don't mean to scare you, but if you fly every day for 20 years you will be in a aircraft accdent of some sort.

thanx for the heads up info ..

I am a bit scared off flying(taking of/and landing)(gets better every time i fly .

(i fly meself but the pilot won't let me ;-)

But i like the truth .(facts)

(Learn the art of dying, And free your ambitious mind, Cause when tomorrow comes.. )

But the facts are. 1 plane goes down somewhere in the world, every day, or involved in a accident, rather if you hear about it or not thats the facts. One plane a day.

They got their stuff together in the UK as well, on scene and doing the job!

You say what do they need all that for? Maybe one day you go on holiday and this happends. Be glad they train as hard as they do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T70i_fB46lI&feature=related

But if this happends, not much can be done.

• 3 weeks later...

A cool vid showing fire trucks from all over the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK-LjHeS8OA&feature=player_embedded

The pumps in these trucks can peel the shingles right off the roof of a house if close to one, It takes 300 shaft horsepower to run the pump alone. Most of these trucks have 1,000 hp engines, so plenty of power to spare.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This engine exploded in flight, BOOM! about took the aircraft with it. They are held on the plane with what they call fuse pins. If the engine comes apart in flight and shakes violently they are designed to break away saveing the plane,instead shaking the wing off, and there is a hole bunch of fuel right above where that engine was.

toasty.jpg

I thought they said it was the safest means of travel.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...