Spartans Home

Order Operation Arrowhead from Sprocket and download now!!!

SirSmokalot

Here's the run down:

• Sprocket time zone is CEST (Central European Summer Time) which is 6hrs ahead of East Coast time. (That means 11am here in Prague is 5am in New York)
  • The release date and time for Operation Arrowhead on Sprocket is 29th June 00:01AM (CEST)
  • The activation keys customers receive once the pre-load is started (on 27th June) will not work for activation of the game until the release date/time.
  • Sprocket Bandwidth should be sufficient to handle the load we are expecting especially with the 2 day pre-load. We have mirrors in Czech Republic, Denmark (EU) and in US.
  • The special bonus for all pre-orders of Arrowhead and Combined Operations is printed Double sided map of Takistan on one side and Chernarus on the other side. This map will be sent to you by regular post in July 2010.

This means for those in the US, we get to play it at least 6hours in advance.....that is if you download it today!!! I'm not sure how the download speeds will be nor do I know how the monetary conversion will work out...but I thought I'd at least get the details out ASAP!

So this means you can start downloading the game now and get your key around 5:00pm /17:00 if you live in the CST time zone (Central Standard time for US).

http://www.sprocketidea.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2&vmcchk=1&Itemid=2

I've just purchased mine and am downloading at work!!!

Cost me $35.12....not sure why the $0.12

I dunno but I got mine byatch-es!!

:banana_dance:

Edited by SirSmokalot

Crap thing is I might be going to my girl's house if not tonight, tomorrow night. Can't wait to test a few addons as well to see if things are broke or not!

Also heard that some retailers might not have it in store till after the 2nd or even the 9th!! Why I said screw it and downloaded it. I'd definately reather have it on media then download the crap. At least i get a nifty map with Chernarus on one side and Takistan on other ;)

Edited by SirSmokalot

GOT IT !

Well, better to say.. paid for... :)

got confirmation email and site to download. It looks like is quite responsive today. i cannot start download because I am at job, but as soon as I get home i ll put the baby at work ;)

I got other games DtoD and always worked very well. i just avoid Steam because i don t like their invasive way to put stuff on my PC and become somewhat proprietary of the game, to not speak always waiting for them to approve patches.

I would prefer the media, but sometimes just downloading and not paying taxes on that is pretty good.

OMFG !!!!!

I am downloading at less than 100 Kb/s from the US Mirror !! It s about 7 GB game, it will be done AFTER JULY 1ST !!!!!!

hehehahahehehe this is frikkin ridicoulous !!! hehehahe ... oh well... better take it easy.. lol..

Why in the hell they don t use torrent ???

The pirate copy is already out there, on torrent, so what s the problem .. lol..

Just for the record, i tried to download from a diferent source, it was coming down at.... 9 Kb/s.. an ancient connection at modem 56K would be faster..

wooohooo ! I ll be 44 when i get this game ! lol..

installing at work......don't tell anyone spent the night with my gf last night so wasnt able to test it out!

Boss is out of town and ina lull between projects at the moment.....or at least some Windows 7 Dev work can be put off for at least a couple hours :construction:

I am probably going to head to Frys today at lunch with Orkface and pick up our copies since STEAM has angered me after the patching debacle last night.

Plus their server was slow as hell.

You mean the fact that every time I restart steam it resets my Auto-update so when I started it last night it redownloaded the whole GD Arma 2 game because they finally released 1.07 on steam.........

Or where you referring to something else?:P

I just find it sad that when you set something not to do it... it should remember that setting.

Downloading Arrowhead on steam as I type also lol.... If life was easy we would get bored.

Hey guys, how is the new game so far? I haven't had a chance to buy it, since I can't justify the funds (or the time) at this point, but I figured I'd live vicariously through you all. How much different is it from Arma2? I'm thinking probably not a lot, but I'm interested in the terrain and how you guys are using it tactically?

Hey guys, how is the new game so far? I haven't had a chance to buy it, since I can't justify the funds (or the time) at this point, but I figured I'd live vicariously through you all. How much different is it from Arma2? I'm thinking probably not a lot, but I'm interested in the terrain and how you guys are using it tactically?

Shame mate, I would love to run through some missions on this terrain with you.

I would say this is ArmA II.5, I found ArmA II becoming stale with the forests and fields and the obligatory 'AI saw me through 3 acres of woodland'. OA has renewed my interest, it's like Sarahni +.

Night engagements are a joy to behold and stealth and CQB are now viable tactics with the engine optimisation and the silenced weapons (that actually work now). Almost every building is now enter-able (and destructible)and the AI will use them too.

All in all I'm enjoying it and playing about in the editor again :thumbsup: