Spartans Home

Server Hit box ping Compensation (HIT BOX)

NoScream~SPARTA~

LINK

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/499371.page

Basically, add these two lines;

SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.0450000

SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime 45

to your gamesettings.ini and settings.ini file in the BFBC2 folder.

In gamesettings.ini, add them between the lines;

Don't forget to tweak the number based on the ping. Try and make the number the ping of most of the servers you play on. If the number is too far off of the server ping the hitbox may end up ahead of the target or still behind.

Guys, I like this info, but I have a question for you.

Reading the original post, the guy explain that the value u have to use is the "server-list ping" and not the "in-game ping".

Since day one, in my game browser I ve never been able to see the "Server ping". Is there any way to allow that?

All what I have is a "-" in the ping column. That is supposed to be the value to use, right?

Let me know :0

thxs

Batwing, I have the same problem, so don't know how I could use this without the ping details, it would just be a guess!

ADD all the servers you normally play to your favourites & then refresh & take an average ping.

or lead or lag your shots once you know the default is 100mS & the server your joining is 100 +/- xxx

Either way in windows 7 switch off ACU (Administrator control) it's been off in mine for a year & make sure you run a good FIREWALL & ANTI VIRUS that covers your BROWSER & EMAIL. I recommend ESET (nod32) http://www.eset.co.uk/

Smart Security !!!

Advantage= no more ACU popping up/ blocking your actioned controls. :P

As I posted on another thread, the best solution (depending on what you like anyway) is not to kill the UAC, which is still somewhat a protection layer, but just run BFBC2 As Administrator (right click on it).

This way you have the full ping list keeping the UAC activated.

As described on the other thread, you can also edit your shortcut to run as admin permanently.

About the Hitbox thingy, I notice I am playing on servers between 45 and 65 ping, so i set the adjustment around 55 and we ll see how it works :)