Spartans Home

Ace2 Bug - Server version mismatch

Batwing~SPARTA~

For those of you who want to have the most updated version of ACE as well as the stable release that we use you can still do this. Download the 316 version of ACE from the link already posted by Zeno, Once you're finished downloading them all rename them to have _1.0 after all of the file names. Put them in your ArmA 2 main directory just like usual and then create a new shortcut to ArmA and add to the property line the ACE files along with the added _1.0.

Edited by DeltaSierra~SPARTA~

It seems that to have a full server you would need to have one that was more universal. One where you dont have to jump through a bunch of hoops to play.

Agreed mate which is why we are sticking to the only stable version which you can download the required files from multiple places, If we were to try to keep up with six updater it would be three updates every week for the server and all players.

Make sure to do one thing. Delete everything. don't link to any existing mods, don't have anything installed in the base Addon's directory, and if you had any version of ACE2 before, nuke it. Start from scratch - cuz end of the day if your install files look like ours and you download the same files, you should be golden.

After i extract all ace files to one folder i copy them to arma. My mistake was i did not chk how it was unpack. CBA unpack to folder named CBA and there was another CBA folder inside. I copy first one to main arma folder, rename it to CBA_1.0. But all necessary files was hided behinde one more CBA inside CBA_1 .

So moving files one folder up fixed everything.

Looks like default extraction path does not work as suppose for CBA zip.

Anyway, Kal do we have opfor set up to 110% again?

Could we get ride of nigh time?

This game is suddenly becoming more trouble than its worth.

I hear you bud. We were late adopters of ACE (waiting for the stable version). But they will never stop tinkering with it.

I like the extra weapons and some of the features, ACE is a pain in the ass.

I may go back to playing regular arma and only play ace for missions.

Cheers

Z

After i extract all ace files to one folder i copy them to arma. My mistake was i did not chk how it was unpack. CBA unpack to folder named CBA and there was another CBA folder inside. I copy first one to main arma folder, rename it to CBA_1.0. But all necessary files was hided behinde one more CBA inside CBA_1 .

So moving files one folder up fixed everything.

Looks like default extraction path does not work as suppose for CBA zip.

Anyway, Kal do we have opfor set up to 110% again?

Could we get ride of nigh time?

no change on difficulty, etc. The map default time is based on what people set it when game begins. It's all defaulted to 9am