Spartans Home

SUPCOM 2 (test match night)

With SUPCOM 2 releasing Europe on Friday 5th, I wanted to try a preliminary multi-player match with some friendly faces on TS3.

If your interested & have it:

6th March 2010 Saturday GMT 1900 (CET 2000, EST 1500) for a little test game

Game time restricted to 2Hrs max (pre build optional).

Players needed 2-8

1.Viiiper

2.CoBoL

3.Fatal_Papercut

Teams will be made up on the night, remember it's just a play test to see stability & how the network copes with load.

If we get 6 or less players we will play against the AI (they using the spare player slots).

Followed be chat & review...... and the thoughts about a mini competition for 2010 .

I do like strategy ... open to none members too (only provision is you use Teamspeak3 & be on it at game time).

No problem, it's only a test to see:

How stability is in Multiplayer.

How balanced the options are.

How much fun is in it for a possible tournament idea.

If you get it later no problem either, cobol & I were big fans as I'm sure others are & will enjoy friendly games when abit of RTS strategy is called for.

Even if only 3 people get interested we could still make a mini tour like best of 20 games over the rest of the year, so adding flexibility and fun. or a tournament where equal matches are played on a verses system and the first to reach 20 wins over losses example below.

Zeno / 16 wins / 6 losses = total 10 --played 22

Cobol / 15 wins / 3 losses = total 12 --played 18

viiiper / 22 wins / 12 losses = total 10 --played 34

I think it would be a fun long tern tour, terminating on lets say 20 overall win differential or end of year.

your total would be the wins less the losses, less the % difference of your total matches played over the player with lower played matches... clear as mud :P

So for zeno total 10 wins v losses less (34 (viiiper with most played) - 22 (zeno played =12 extra added as a percentage of viiipers or zeno's win/loss ratio)

viiipers win/loss ratio

12/22= 0.54

zeno win/loss ration

6/16= 0.37

viiiper played - zeno played 34-22= 12*0.37 (zeno's win/loss ratio) = 4.5 + to zeno total = 10+4.5 = 14.5 for 34 virtual played.

So in my maths, it basically says although you played less games you actually would win the tour @ 34 matches because you played & won more from the games you actually played.

I would also add a min game played element to qualify to have ones score balanced by virtual estimation, that being you would have to of played a min of 50% of the games the player with the most played has got & that the player having their score estimated has a win/loss ration of 0.75 or greater (a win of 3 in 4 games min).

just a thought.

I'm assuming we're talking about the full version of the game, and not the free demo? I'll have to try the demo first, because the reviews I've read are steering me away from the game. I'm sure it's decent and all, but the reason I like the original is the complexity; the economy, structure proximity, tech tiers--all of which have been removed from the sequel. Any other thoughts on this? Please let me know once you've played.

Zeno / 16 wins / 6 losses = total 10 --played 22

Cobol / 15 wins / 3 losses = total 12 --played 18

viiiper / 22 wins / 12 losses = total 10 --played 34

So for zeno total 10 wins v losses less (34 (viiiper with most played) - 22 (zeno played =12 extra added as a percentage of viiipers or zeno's win/loss ratio)

viiipers win/loss ratio

12/22= 0.54

zeno win/loss ration

6/16= 0.37

viiiper played - zeno played 34-22= 12*0.37 (zeno's win/loss ratio) = 4.5 + to zeno total = 10+4.5 = 14.5 for 34 virtual played.

I have no idea what your job is, but you should be a bookie in Vegas.

Ok, I am going to download the demo and try it out tonight, maybe tomorrow if it's interesting. If I buy the game, and if there is a slot open, I'm in. And I'll tell you right now, my only strategy is turtleturtleturtle, so games against me will be a long, protracted ordeal, because I will find a good place to hide my last remaining units, and you will have to hunt them down and kill them.

I have no idea what your job is, but you should be a bookie in Vegas.

Ok, I am going to download the demo and try it out tonight, maybe tomorrow if it's interesting. If I buy the game, and if there is a slot open, I'm in. And I'll tell you right now, my only strategy is turtleturtleturtle, so games against me will be a long, protracted ordeal, because I will find a good place to hide my last remaining units, and you will have to hunt them down and kill them.

Added

For those considering purchasing this game:

1. Please be aware that SupCom2 requires Steam to run. It does not say this anywhere on the boxed copy; it only says that an Internet connection is required. I like Steam, but I know there are those of you who loathe it, so you have been warned.

2. You might as well purchase it from Steam, unless you can get an awesome deal elsewhere. After installing from the disc, the game required a 5GB update to be downloaded, which is essentially the entire contents of the disc. So unless you absolutely must have the box for your shelved game collection and the pretty but otherwise useless manual, you won't save any time during installation.

3. Once you've associated the activation key with your Steam account, the DVD makes for a nice conversation piece at work. I have it pinned up on my cubicle wall.

i can only buy a certain amount of games so i would be able to play with you all anytime soon so have fun.

if i do get the game ill be the one build a ton of shields and heavy weapons :D

Edited by Haloelite~SPARTA~