Spartans Home

Fighter Pilots Only - Beta Test Here

Stang~SPARTA~

HI Guys

I am getting to the final stages of the new updated Air Dom mission and I need some "Beta Testers" to check out the flight models.

This will be a simple map (Chernarus) at the main base with several aircraft configured around the departure end of the runway. No "Bad" guys. What I'm looking for is feedback on the aircraft's updated flight model. You will find that I have limited the top speed in all aircraft to do two things

make it more realistic for helos

make it more realistic for jets in a "combat "CAS (Close Air Support) role.

balance game play in the new Air Dom Server version

Believe it or not, there are no F-16 dropping LGB's at 30 feet doing 1500 knots. My best friend is a Major in the SC Air National Guard and Flys F-16CJ's for a living. He has 7 combat tours, with over 400 hours of actual combat time and over 2000 total hours in the Jet....he knows, trust me and he helped with the speeds. So please no emails or post saying

"Stang the new flight models are screwed up as the F-16 can't go over 1500 knots???"

I want feedback on the flyability. take offs and landings. BTW, landing are now "Sporty" as in real life. Be ready to actually have to fly the airplane :D

I will get the two files you need (new PBO for the addons folder and a simple mission "map") with the aircraft laid out and ready for flying...ready to distribute "Late" this evening.

Today is my wife's birthday so it will be late this evening EST as I have B-Day stuff to do during the day and afternoon.

Also, Zeno...would you rather me pm the files to people directly or can we setup a simple download location for them?

Guys...Please remember this is a BETA TEST and there are things I still need to tweak in these flight models. This is just a test!

Thanks for the help

I might have a little free time to help, I have some experience in planes, in sims like this one though I love the choppas! I don't want to walk you away from the flight models with this question, but, are ways of getting special nav cues like multiple way-points put in the game? I find just the one way point too limiting right now. And how bout flares... Ok sorry, too much glitz and too little flight modeling. I would love to help out just say the word.

-B

Sorry Guys

Found a large bug and trying to get it worked out. I should have this to Zeno tomorrow for the download site

coding...what a PIA