Spartans Home

Displaying maps/ts stuff in second monitor

HAMMERJ

First : will running second monitor slow performance of my Video card???? AMD X2 3ghz 2gb xp pro32bit 850 psu ati 4890?

#2 I have 2 monitors set up and one is primary .

How do I display map continuously on second screen as well as TS and such?

Thanks in advance. :cheers:

EDIT AFTER REVIEW

I just read many threads on this on BI forums and it seems there may be no way to do this, Or would it be an unscrupulous mod? I've read the pros and cons . but even to beable to have it pop up and still be able to see enemy in your area would help. Let me know

also there used to be a thing where your GPS could sit on the screen like the compass is this available ?

Or even a smaller compass ?

Edited by HAMMERJ

First : will running second monitor slow performance of my Video card???? AMD X2 3ghz 2gb xp pro32bit 850 psu ati 4890?

#2 I have 2 monitors set up and one is primary .

How do I display map continuously on second screen as well as TS and such?

Thanks in advance. :cheers:

1. Not enough to be noticeable.

2. You can't display the ArmA2 map on a second screen, but you can display TS. Basically it extends your desktop, so you just need to drag the TS window over to the secondary monitor and leave it there. Only certain games are setup to allow you to display in-game maps and other screens on secondary monitors. DCS: Black Shark comes to mind.

I never tried this config, but your specs semm good enough to try.

You should be able to have that playing the game in "Windowed mode" I do believe, because 1 window will be your game on main monitor, leaving the rest of desktop visible on the second monitor.

About the Map visual, you may try a work-around. If you take a snapshot in game about a map and save it as a JPG, then you can keep that JPG open on the other monitor to have a look at the map, however it is just for terrain in ARMA, because of course is not updated with real data (it s just a jpg). I don t think that would be really useful tho.