Spartans Home

Interesting EVE ad

MedicSN6

• 2 weeks later...
Be assured, they will. It is an MMO, so there will be a monthly fee.

Nice Advert post Medic, sometimes thinking is not the only attribute needed to play a game.....

I'm holding out for the star trek version. If they make me pay too, then I'll stick with Arma.

Arma is not free, if your not paying some very nice people are paying for it, nothing is free.

Arma is not free, if your not paying some very nice people are paying for it, nothing is free.

Yes, of course, and I paid full price for my copy of Arma II... once. I'm not interested in paying for arma over and over again (if that was the deal, I'd be doing something else). As far as the MMOs go for Star Trek, Eve, or whatever else is out there, I haven't found enough joy in MMO games to justify however much it is they need for me to play monthly.

If it all goes that way, to monthly fees for games, then that's the best encouragement I need to get away from these addictive machines.

Sorry but that was not my point, Sparta servers cost $400 / month, other groups have similar costs, that was my point, although you mat pay once for a game like (for example only) Arma, some other people are paying every month to fund the dedicated servers that Arma lives on.

MMO is no different except, the cost is shared between all and not just a few good will friends.

All games that lives on Dedicated servers rely on this concept and it's only a matter of time before new systems come forward and the games that play dedicated will end.

At the moment we are all seeing this in the box product market (off the shelf titles).

I'm not going to mention no names but some Admins donate/ fund sparta dedicated servers to the region of over $1000+ alone.

Anyway back to topic, MMO's rely on sharing the cost and it's a good feeling knowing all players that play them are supporting them equally. Eve-Online server cluster is some 200+ 64bit racks which is not cheap.

Please don't take any of this personally, it's just an observation of what is happening.

:)

Sorry but that was not my point, Sparta servers cost $400 / month, other groups have similar costs, that was my point, ...

Anyway back to topic, MMO's rely on sharing the cost and it's a good feeling knowing all players that play them are supporting them equally. Eve-Online server cluster is some 200+ 64bit racks which is not cheap.

Right, spot on, I hadn't looked at it that way yet.

Damn you medic, I am now downloading the 14 day trial. This will be my 3 or 4th Eve trial!!!

You should have asked one of us for our email. If we include you through the Buddy Program (if is is still on of course), you get a 21 day trial, not a 14.

• 1 month later...
Nice Advert post Medic, sometimes thinking is not the only attribute needed to play a game.....

Well stated even tho you had to clarify.

Loading right now but I'm too ADD to hang on it too long. I just like the artwork