Spartans Home

Domination Update

Halli~SPARTA~

Hi Fish!

The Domination mission is just one of many different game 'modes' in ArmA2. The idea being that the team works through each objective and is rewarded with more and more equipment as time goes by. The objectives will get easier the better equipped the team becomes.

It is a testament to our players that the maps are easy and quick... trust me, on a lot of servers that is not the case at all.

There are many, many different game modes out there to try... even Domination has several flavors available with different options (no revive, play as OpFor instead of Blufor, etc).

If you really enjoy the small arms combat angle, then I would highly recommend you give our tactical mission team a try. We dont play as often as the Domination folks do, but Tactical missions are all about a small Spec ops squad (usually 3 to 6) working together with limited comms, military style formations and movement, recon, enemy callouts, etc, to complete missions and objectives.

It really is quite an experience!

Nice to see ya here in the forums....:)

Spake Morgan--

If you really enjoy the small arms combat angle, then I would highly recommend you give our tactical mission team a try. We dont play as often as the Domination folks do, but Tactical missions are all about a small Spec ops squad (usually 3 to 6) working together with limited comms, military style formations and movement, recon, enemy callouts, etc, to complete missions and objectives.

It really is quite an experience!

Nice to see ya here in the forums....:)

The way I wound up here in ARMA was interesting - I used to be involved with one of the first online multiplayer flightsims - it was called Warbirds, and it spawned off a lot of interesting things...I know some of the players developed some of the first VOIP applications, another wound up working for Gearbox, things like that. Anyway, I still lurk on the left over boards after the game essentially withered on the vine when Imagic bought it.

Someone was talking about ARMA 1 & 2 and I wound up reading Dyslecksi's tactics guide, and info about the ACE mod for ARMA 1, so I was pretty interested in that aspect (small unit tactics), especially after playing with ray guns on Planetside.

Anyway, I liked the high fidelity-ness (ech) of the Arma troops - not so enthused about the modelling of the A/C and the Armor. So I would definitely be interested in learning more about the tactical side of things. God knows I need to learn alot, I keep doing really stupid Rambo things in Domination.

I think the ranked version would be interesting if I understand how it works. The higher rank you get the more gear you have avalible to you? I Like the idea as it forces people to use the small arms or to get out of the chopper once and awhile to give a hand.

I do like when we all get inserted by a helo or para in and have an ammo box dropped and we move as a team with out the saftey net of a respawn. Now if we could just get people to hold fire until we can get into good positions and all initiate the attack at the same time.

I do like when we all get inserted by a helo or para in and have an ammo box dropped and we move as a team with out the saftey net of a respawn. Now if we could just get people to hold fire until we can get into good positions and all initiate the attack at the same time.

BINGO.......! ! !

First post from me here but last night we did Vet mode for an hour or so and it was a blast. The leadership and coordination was great and we were able to easily take cities and get the job done. I agree that as a public server it would be a nightmare to moderate though. Maybe keep Vet mode to when you got a good full server going or private only and passworded.

As for markers...on screen markers do not show in Vet mode except the leader. You will always see team leader as a diamond on your screen. There is a setting when you go to your Status menu to put markers with names on the map. Won't show the enemy but it will show friendlies. Armor and vehicles will not show...however...as demonstrated last night its an easy matter of using map markers to show stuff you spotted. If you die in a tank...mark it on the map for pickup later. If you leave a chopper or MHQ someplace...mark it on the map. And of course to help with clutter...remove marks as needed.

Its the same game...just harder. Takes more coordination and tactical prowess on the part of the players to succeed. And thats the point is it not?

By the way...I am a huge fan of tactical missions. You get a group of guys together that wanna work as a team and infiltrate with stealth and im there. Night missions with SD weapons and on foot...im there. I also am a fairly decent helo pilot. I like to drop and extract team members. That becomes less needed with revive though. I think that should be tweaked. Allow for only one or two revives per life before you HAVE to respawn at base or MHQ.

I have been playing in the War 3 front servers (When I can find them), and found those are very fun to play. You basically start off at a little base, and work your way out from there, and have to rank up for weapons and vehicle use. I found that its really fun to get a team to move one way and work your way through the fronts.

I havent really played to much dom. lately, but when I do, the servers that have the markings off, and friendlies hand enemy labels disabled are usually the servers I have the most fun in. I like that option cause it makes you think faster on your feet in action to determine if you have to shoot the person or not cause you dont know if hes friendly or not. It was always fun stuff.