Spartans Home

Changing Map Marker Colors

Durka-Durka~SPARTA~

Just thought I'd share this useful tidbit of information I learned today...

When marking on the map, you can not only change the icon, but also the color. First, to change the icon, double click on the map, then press the curser up or down. To change the color, just press Shift+Up/Down. To delete the marker, just put your mouse over it and press "Delete."

Also, it is important to note which chat frequency you are on while making markers. If you want everyone to see it, make sure you're on the Global Channel, if you're just marking waypoints for yourself while in a vehicle, Vehicle Channel is for you, and so-on so-fourth. (Note: I'm not entirely sure this works, as some people see it and some dont. It needs to be explored further)

That should work! Hope someone finds this useful!

Thanks for this durka ! :D I was wondering how to change colour ^^ (i was trying the side arrows)

For the channels i believe its

Global -> Every person IG sees it

Side -> Your side

Vehicle -> Everyone in your vehicle

Group -> Everyone in your group

Direct communication -> People close enough to you to see it.

Can anyone tell me what the 2 commander channels are for ? :rolleyes:

However, i think sometimes the people you want to see the waypoint, also have to be n the same channel, howevere i've not clarified this. And people who join after waypoints are set wont see them either.

• 1 month later...

seems to be a few problems with the markers going missing, i know you guys noticed because the game was almost paused to try and sort this out. i find it hard to believe that the markers dissapear on their own.

sorry for going off topic a bit btw.

i think the markers are invaluable especially in the Tactical nights, but i think the system is difficult to use especially quickly. it takes a short while to make a line of dots and worse if you want to use a different colour, and then you realse you were in the wrong channel.

worse part is that anyone can delete every marker.

i know Bravo team last night were marking covre, targets and positions all over the zone which was incredibly useful, as long as they are for bravo only (impossible to tell unless you ask everyone), but then sometimes everyone needs to know a location like factory or d30 etc.

should only the commander make markers visible for everyone?

should we mark all targets? delete your marker when target is destroyed?

different targets/ojectives/waypoints have different shapes and colours?

each squad allocated a specific colour for their LZ and waypoints? (could be easier to visualise an attack on the map rather than all the markers being black).

commander clears all the markers at objective completion?

only thing i do consistently is to mark ammo drops with an orange X, because ammo drops DO NOT show on the map, and after you have dropped something else, you are probably the only person who knows where that ammo crate is located. if the ammo box is not collected by an HQ or chopper the i think that marker should stay there - they are usually deleted, but the ammo box stays there.

There was some weird stuff going on yesterday. But I dont think anyone was messing around.

Forinstance I could never see (visually nor on the map) MHQ 1, I could see people disappear if the entered it but thats all.

If I am in command I like to give general directions and let the eyes on the ground decide how best to proceed (because I am not that good at map reading), in this case its ok for the squad leaders to mark the map but I think it should be in global channel so the commander can see where the squads want to move. If the commander chooses to control the squads more actively then the marks should be his.

Last week durka had a problem where the previous markers disappeared as soon as the current marker was entered.

It would make sense for a colour to be reserved for the overall commander exclusively.