Spartans Home

Windows 7 Trial

OK, so I thought I would give the preview edition of Windows 7 a try.

I'm trying the 64 bit version, and had no trouble with the install on a clean HD.

So far, it has recognized about everything, including the Razer mouse and keyboard. The exact Epson printer isn't recognized, but it knows it's an Epson. Both monitors were recognized as was the video card, and it booted in dual monitor configuration with proper resolution, DX-10 running.

Switched to Firefox without problems, and imported bookmarks. Added AVG free antivirus without issues.

Will start adding games, including Crysis, and see what happens.

Needed to download drivers for the creative sound card, done that with the beta drivers, works great.

Crysis in DX10 looks great. Too bad it's still Crysis.

Am installing W@W now, will see how that goes.

TS works fine.

I got an email saying that on June 1st Win7 will shut down automatically after 2 hours of use and you'll have to restart what you were doing.

which blowzazz :/

I stopped using it anyway, just seeing if I like it better than vista, and I do (I have XP, but my friends have vista and it annoys me tryin to play games on that thing, too many incompatibility issues)

Hopefully it's gonna b the godsend we all hope for!

FREE MONEY WITH WIN7! FREE HOOKERS AND BEER WITH PURCHASE! OSAMA IN EVERY BOX! OBAMA IN EVERY TYPO! WE NEED WIN7 LIKE A FAT HOOKER NEEDS A NEW CORNER! ALL PRAISE WIN7! IT WILL PWNJO0 WITH IT'S MIND READING TELEKINESIS KEYBOARD MADSKILLZ!

0_o

6_9

Edited by NeoGzus

Be that as it may...

DL'd the 64 bit version of firefox, called Minefield, and installed that. Very fast. Having trouble with some plugins that aren't available in 64 bit versions.

Have had a bit of a problem with W@W. It keeps disappearing.

Other than that, it's windows. A bit spiffier, but windows. Yes, they put in the old Konfabulator/Yahoo widgets/now Windows Gadgets things. Yawn.

Oh, the 2 hour rule kicks in during 2010. "Starting on March 1, 2010, your PC will begin shutting down every two hours. Windows will notify you two weeks before the bi-hourly shutdowns start. To avoid interruption, you?ll need to install a non-expired version of Windows before March 1, 2010. You?ll also need to install the programs and data that you want to use."

IMPORTANT REMINDER ABOUT BETA EXPIRATION DATE

Thanks again for your help in testing Windows 7 Beta.

We?re sending this mail to remind you that Windows 7 Release candidate is available and to make sure you plan ahead for when the Beta expires on August 1, 2009. On June 1, 2009, the PC you?re using to test the Beta will begin shutting down every two hours. Windows will send you a notice a couple of weeks in advance, and that?d be the ideal time to rebuild your test PC with a non-expired version of Windows, such as the RC or Windows Vista. This will be a clean installation, so be ready to reinstall your programs and data. (Learn more about installing Windows.)

So, if you haven?t already done so, we highly recommend that you download and install the RC from one of the following sites today:

-

Developers

-

IT Pros/Microsoft Partners

-

Tech Enthusiasts/Consumers

IMPORTANT: If you are running Windows 7 Beta you?ll need to back up your data (preferably on an external device) and then do a clean install of the Windows 7 Release Candidate. After installing Windows 7, you will need to reinstall applications and restore your files. If you need help with the installation process, please see the Installation Instructions.

If you have questions or need help installing the RC, you can get help with your Windows 7 questions at http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums...tegory/w7itpro/

There is another expiration date you need to keep in mind: Windows 7 RC will expire on 6/1/2010, and you?ll need to either upgrade to the final release of Windows 7 or a prior version of Windows before then. (We?ll send you another reminder as this date approaches.)

Thanks again for your interest in Windows 7 and for your help in finishing this product!

Direct from bill gates slave minions.

it sux cuz I love windows7, way smoother than vista or xp. Looks prettier too :D loads up in 30 seconds, compared to XP's 90seconds+, from power on til it's fully functional and no waiting to load background crap like in XP.

I'm definitely upgrading when it's out.

I also heard that DirectX11 will have new capabilities for GPU's. it'll have GEOMETRY Shaders and hardware tesselation(which makes upclose characters even more populated with polygons, for smoother breast cleavage and awesome nipple placement lol) and it'll offload a lot of CPU intensive jobs onto the GPU, for parallel processing (so your quad core + 240core GPU will ROCK YOUR SOX OFF with the equivalent of a 244 core CPU (assuming all apps take advantage of the extra pipeage)

can't wait to see what it does for Lara Croft (I might actually play it if the phsyics are done right on a certain ASSET ;) )