Spartans Home

OFP-DR Demo on route

CM have confirmed a demo version will be out before the main game in September updated

Hi everyone,

Got some good news for you all.

Just wanted to confirm that as is the case with almost all of our major releases, OFP: DR is planned to have a demo released prior to launch for all platforms.

I don't have any further details at the moment regarding dates and content, but I will keep on updating this thread as and when new info becomes available.

Also

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/sho...ad.php?t=339382

This lead post is based on facts, no assumptions and no personal opinions, many have said and I have too, you need to look at the data properly and make the right conclusions and not full on speculations.

What is OFP-DR aiming for?

OFP-DR is aiming to become an 'Infantry based simulation' unlike the rival product from Bohimia Interactive which has a flavour of full on 'Military battlefield simulator'. Now you might say they are the same, but that is not true, where battlefield simulations encompass all aspects of the battlefield in a broader term, 'Infantry based simulation' is mainly focused on the soldier v soldier - soldier combat, this primarily inc. close quarters, squad and platoons styled warfare. This has been talked about by CM on many occasions & the CQB has been demonstrated in CGI video during development. This focus does not detract from OFP1 but enhances the immersion of the title, one thing that was poor in the original. It is an undisputed fact that buildings serve a main function in OFP-DR as they become squirrel holes, you enter them by stealth, blowing the door off or kicking it in, the choice will be yours. The securing of these buildings plays a primary role in missions as the platoons advance over the area to their objectives. OFP-DR is a full on sandbox game (this means open world) go anywhere any time, it's big 220Km squared big.

The ground troops (you) are supported by air in two forms, we have seen that helicopters will be a playable part and can draw from the data that fixed wing aircraft will be used in a support basis. To be able to fly high speed jets would detract from the 'Infantry based simulation' as it does in other titles, some may want and argue there worth but it is a fact that the more actual players in the air, the less of a ground based infantry game it would become. Just think about it, a soldier based game is about the infantry and that's how it should be, clear and dedicated. Now this is not my personal opinion, as I do not care either way, it's just a conclusion of words spoken by CM.

So what is coming?

Well it is safe to say, that Close quarters combat is in, ground based armor support & logistics is in, Helicopters are in, tactical air fire for effect and strike is in, use of the sea is in, time of day is in, certain weather effects are in, day & night time fighting is in, Urban game play is in, woodland combat is in, tactical Ai are in, tactical structure destruction is in (buildings, bridges etc), command structured control is in (both advanced & quick modes), varied terrain is in, Open ended missions are in, real time adaptive missions are in, single player campaign is in, coop campaign of the single player missions is in (with your friends), model body damage is in (if your hit you stay hit), modeling of injuries & effects are in, dynamic audio system is in, in the field weapon pickup is in, use of enemy assets is in, playing USMC or PLA is in the multiplayer, mission editor is in, CM full support after release, standard 'lua' mission scripting, additional content in the future after release, central server hub list is in, several (5) multiplayer modes confirmed. These are a few of the things you can list from all the data CM's have released, if you say how do you know all this?, I say look at all the info CM have given out, it's all there for you. I'm not going to make quotes & list all the references, it's all there pinned and posted by CM, just look.

Now, I wonder if some newer members are getting more positive? What's on the horizon? We know that soon there will be a confirmation of the release date (I don't want to make any assumptions here). We also know more info, media & data will be released in the next four to six weeks. CM have always maintained that OFP-DR will not be a dumbed down version of of the original (find the ref yourselves) and that their mission is to provide a title that excels in the field.

Also, Medics are part of the plot, each soldier carries a personal medic kit & medics have a more advanced one. Body disassembling is included, it will be fatal, no health bar, bleed outs can be part steamed by you and stopped by medics.

Vehicles can be repaired, flat tires, engine faults but burnt out husks & damaged rotors are not, logistics is in and so is armor but Jets are out. No fly boys except for chopper pilots.

The game carries a 18+ Cert !!

Foul language is included.

More new media is due to hit very very soon......

That all looks tip top and just what I am looking for, fingers crossed it works.

Cheers for the info RViii keep it coming.

• 3 months later...